Chapter XXIII: Him...

He stood by the door. He was wet hair dripping onto the carpet, his grip on his towel firm, his legs spread out a bit as he was staring straight at me.

His eyes were walking up and down my body, examining the dress around my body. It was like he was undressing me with his eyes.

"Is there a problem now?" She asked him, putting her hands on her hips while staring at him.

"No, it's just. The way you look in that dress... more feminine than usual. It looks nice on you."

She sighed as she held her hair in her hands about to put it into a messy bun.

"You know, if you keep looking like that, you would ca -"

Suddenly, there was a knock on his room door. He turned to look at the Maid, who seemed like she was practically shaking.

"I am so sorry to disturb you, sir... but the old woman is here..." She said to him, still bowing her head as he sighed, waving his hand to dismiss her. She walked away fast immediately. Y/n had noticed the way these women are being treated. You'd think he was a ladies' man

Y/n held up her dress as she immediately ran out of the room, going down the stairs, her eyes going back to the place where she saw the maid before but she was gone and so was the blood stains.

On arriving at the entrance, She saw the old woman. She left so relieved as she saw her in good health and a warm smile on her face. At this point, this woman was the only family Y/n had, and she wanted to do anything in her power to protect her because she felt guilty for dragging her into all of this drama.

"Shirley!" She said as she ran towards Shirley, hugging her tightly.

"Are you okay? Are you tired?? Do you need anything???" She said, cupping Shirley's face. Y/n face soaking in worry as she looked at her.

"I am fine, my dear. To be honest, the ride here was not that bad..."

She had a sweet smile on her face as she looked at Y/n it felt nice to be this close to her. It reminded her of her granddaughter.

"Did he do anything to you?"

"No, the only thing he has done so far is provide me with everything I need... he is going to make me sleep in his room."

"He can't do that." Shirley said as they both then looked up, their attention by Ms Veronica.

"You must be Shirley. It is nice to finally meet you, I will escort you to your room." Veronica said with a smile as she looked at Shirley.

Of all the Maids. She was the one who seemed must comfortable about being in this house. I don't think I'd be able to stay in such a house. It doesn't seem safe or a nice working space... I wonder how they felt when he was gone for that year?

"I don't want her to sleep in her room!" Shirley protested as she held Y/n's hand, looking at Veronica.

"It is fine, Shirley... Nothing is going to happen, Aoi promised, and one time I learnt that past year is that he keeps his promises." She said with a reassuring tone to Shirley.

Shirley took a deep breath as she looked at Veronica, feeling a bit uncomfortable in the Lion's den, but she had already come this far. She might as well keep going.

She turned to Y/n.

"I will see you tomorrow. Stay safe, my dear."

"I will, granny..." She smiled as waved at Shirley being taken to her sleeping clumber.

"The Young Master is waiting for you." The other maids said to Y/n.
They were all standing in a line leading to the stairs, Y/n looked at them and let out a nervous chuckle.

She walked down their path and then up the stairs. She looked back at them. None of them dared to look up.

What has this family done to those people?!

Y/n thought to herself as she finally arrived at his room door. She looked at it with hesitation. She couldn't tell if it was her fear or her feelings for him she thinks she has for him or a mixture of the two holding her back, but she sho4ok her head, held the door handle and opened the door to see Aoi sitting on the bed, he was filling out some documents and resting on one of his legs the other hanging down from his king sized bed.

"Welcome back, sweet lips. Is she back in one piece?" He asked in a teasing tone as she continued his paperwork.

"She is fine, and I am going to bed." She walked towards the bed, crawled into the black blanket as she looked up at the ceiling, not being able to sleep... You'd think with all that time I was with him, I am comfortable being this close to him... I am not...

Aoi lies on the bed as He turns off his table lamp, turning towards Y/n and hugging her from the side.

"You said you wouldn't try anything..."

"This isn't the anything you thought, is it?"

She sighed as she lay there still in bed. For some reason, she left more comfortable.

Finding comfort in the arms of the one I am running away from...

"Ooh, the irony..." She said out as she then realised and turned to him.

Aoi was already asleep, his brown wavy hair, his fair eyes lids, and his big arms that filled me with a sense of comfort.

Y/n felt herself slowly falling asleep in his hands as she hugged him back as she fell asleep in his hands, both of them loving each others companionship.

~Bonus~

Aoi woke up

"Huh?"

He looked around as he saw her sleeping peacefully in his arms. He felt himself blush as he stared at her. She was asleep, alright. She felt comfortable in my hands even now? Or was she just really tired?

He poked her cheek, and she then turned her body a bit. He couldn't believe it.

"No, Aoi... you can't... you promised..."

He said to himself, holding back himself, and then he sighed.

"This woman... such a beauty... AAAAAAAAAAAHHHH, WHY!"

He laid back in his position as he watched her sleep, hearing her snore softly.

"Even her snore is amazing..."
.
.
.
.

A/N: WHO MISSED ME?! BECAUSE I missed myself-- don't yeet me, I am sorry I have been busy, I am now a college student✨️ which means I don't have time as much anymore... heck, I even forgot I had wattpad on my phone.

So it will be on rare occasions I update because I have three other stories that also need updating. You can try out my other stories, and someone asked me the last time how my Y/n looks. If anything, I'd like to see how all of yours looking

Byee, see you next time. Muah