{{Chapter 8: Relocation}}

The Devil calmed himself, then took in the looks of his workers and Co-Workers.
"Cuphead, why on earth are you drenched?-"
"I fell in Quardratus in my panic of looking for Mugman."
Devil frowned, walking over,"So, he's not wih you?", "No!", Cuphead sighed, he didn't have a choice but to explain to them what Mugman was doing but he had an idea that Devil already knew because-well, he's The Devil.
"Look; Mugman has been doing research on some stuff that has made him miss out on work, but today I had no idea he skipped work again to go on another research mission with Gabriel, some guy I've never met, but the Liberian said that Mugman wasn't at the Library and then I went to check where the Liberian said he was leaving too-", "Woah, Woah.", Devil waved his hand, pointing to Cuphead and bending down to get on his level at bit,"What.", "Huh?", "Who was Mugman meeting with?", Cuphead gulped, he tired to ring put his jacket while he spoke,"Some guy, named Gabriel, personally I haven't met him but, Mugman said he could read some language that we couldn't translate and offered to help us with what we were researching.", Cuphead shook his jacket, putting it over a chair for it to try as best as it could.
. . .
"Why are you all lookin' at me like I called in someone worse than Satan?"
Devil inhaled sharply, tightening his grip on his trident,"Gabriel. This Gabriel; Was he wearing a white Suit.", Cuphead nods,"According to Mugman, he wore a white suit and said he was a Professor.", Devil threw his free hand up, Dice sighed heavily,"OH YOU HAVE TO BE KIDDING!!!",Cuphead frowned,"What? You know him??", Devil growled, Chips turned to Mugman while messing with his poker stick and Wheezey pull a cigarette,"You could uh. . . Say we've met him before.", "If he's back, then so is his brother.", brother? This Gabriel guy had a brother??
Devil turned to Cuphead,"Do you have anything of value in your apartment?","Like what-?", "Research or items.", Cuphead gulped, remembering all Mugman's stuff and the Spear they had found.
"W-Well, yeah."
"Here's what you need to do."
Devil stood up properly,"Go to your apartment and bring that back here; If Gabriel and his brother have met Mugman then they know where you live and they'll take you too.", Cuphead gulps,"T-Are they really that bad?", "Boss will explain everything in the morning but right now you need to get any information or items away from their grasp before it's too late and they use it for their own benefit or against you.", Cuphead gulped, but he nods and takes off running to the apartment.
. . .
"You really think that's them boss?"
"I know it is. As much as I hate the brothers, no way am I losing them to those things."
Dice sighed, this was about to get messy real soon.

=

Cuphead didn't know how he did it, but he managed to get together all of the research Mug and himself gathered up over time.
"Need to be quick. . .!"
Cuphead put it all in his bag, putting on the bag and grabbed the spear.
*Knock*
*Knock*
"Cuphead?"
Mugman?
"I lost my spare keys, mind letting me in? Gabriel and I have some new information of the Calix Animi."
Cuphead frowned, that couldn't be Mugman, he wouldn't be the one to lose his keys as it was usually be him to lose something.
Cuphead rushed to his room quietly, once closing and locking his bedroom he moved a dresser in front of the door.
"Not Mugman. . ."
Cuphead opened the window and climbed out of the window and walked the metal stairs to the top of the roof.
"Hm. Perhaps the other brother isn't home."
Peaking over the edge, he saw two people outside their door and it wasn't Mugman but two males, one in a white suit and another in a black suit with a hat.
*CRASH*
Did they just break down the door?!
Cuphead shook his head, he had to run and get out of here before they got into his room and saw his window was open.
Taking a few steps back, and hoping the police was still out and people were asleep.
Once he was at the edge, he took a running start and began to jump from rooftop from rooftop.
"Hopefully the police understand. . .!"
Once he reached the final rooftop, skidding to a stop and slid down the ladder.
Once reaching the bottom, he fixed his grip on the spear he had been holding onto and ran to get back to the Casino.

~

Cuphead walked once he knew he was close to the Casino, his clothes were still damp and he was shivering with each step and the wind currently didn't help, "Mugman will kill me. . .", he looked up at the Casino, then at the bag and the spear.
. . .
"But if it means finding Mugman, no amount of research will be worth my brother's life."
Let's just hope Devil doesn't take the stuff that took them months to gather.

~

"So, I'm being relocated here?"
Dice nods,"Yes, Boss said it was so Gabriel nor his brother could find you or Mugman's research.", Cuphead frowned,"How will staying here stop them?", "You'll learn in the morning.", Dice showed Cuphead to his room, Cuphead put the bag on the bed and the Spear.
"And no need to worry about Devil taking your research, he already knows about The Calix Animi.", Cuphead was surprised but at the same time not too surprised.
. . .
He was going to get some answers tomorrow, he was going to find Mugman and hope he's safe.