{{Chapter 10: Working}}

Working another day at The Devil's Casino, even though Cup usually hated work but he wanted to have something to keep his mind off the situation until Devil got back to him with answers.
. . .
But Cuphead had a bad feeling in his stomach, how could he believe the Devil will actually help him find Mugman, since he was. . . The Devil.
Cuphead shook his head, no, he would sell his soul a second time just to get Mugs back and The Devil could take the power for all he cared!
He just wanted Mugs back.
"?"
Looking down, he saw Daisy had wrapped themselves around his leg,"Daisy, what are you doing out of the room?", "Ey, is that Cagney's daisy?", Cuphead looked up, seeing some of the workers walk over,"Yeah, they uh, kind of broke into our apartment one night and been living with us since, and we've been trying to find Cagney but no sign of him unfortunately.", Dasiy jumped on on the counter and sat down, Wheezey nods as he took a few puffs of his cigarette,"Ah, I see. We haven't seen the weed in a bit 'ither.", "Hope he's alright and if we find him, we'll let Daisy know.", Daisy nods and seemed to jump with joy at the idea that they'll finally find Cagney.
Cuphead still wondered where on Inkwell Cagney went off too.

~

Luckily the other workers managed to make Daisy fit in quickly, he stayed in the break room to hide him completely the customers.
Honestly, King Dice had never seen Cuphead work so hard but then again since Mugman was skipping work and eventually went missing, Cuphead had to pull his weight more now that Mugman was actually missing.
King Dice did feel bad for the brother, he knew the feeling of losing a family member you cared about, so King Dice went easy on Cuphead just to let Cuphead have space and not to make stress worse on him.

=

"Drink?"
"Thanks, Dice. . ."
Cuphead took the drink from Dice, he sat down on a stool and was just glad the Casino was closed once again.
"How are you holding up?", "Honestly. . . I don't know, maybe I'm somewhat okay with Daisy around me, least I have someone to keep me from doing something dumb in my state.", King Dice agreed silently, most of the workers went home and Dice was waiting for The Devil to talk to him and Cuphead about the situation.
. . .
"Kind Dice. . . If I can ask, what's Devil's relationship with this Gabriel and this brother.", Kind Dice sighed,"Honestly, I have no idea, I know The Devil has a lot of enemies considering the past, but all I know is those two brothers caused him trouble a while back.", Cuphead nods, if those two were angels than obviously Devil had beef with them.
"Indeed."
They looked up, Devil came in with his trident and Daisy sat on the counter as the 3 of them waited for Devil to speak.
"Alright; So I sent some of the imps to check out Quardratus.", Cuphead sat up more,"Well, why did they want to take us? They probably broke down our door, so it was for a reason, if so what?!", Devil took a deep breath,"Because of the Calix Animi, since you and your brother are descendents of that society, and magic, they want to harness that power for their own gain.", Cuphead shuddered at, no wonder so many demons come to the Casino for that reason, wait-. . . So Mugman right about King Dice protecting them?
"Anyway, I suppose they wanted to take the both of you for power but only got Mugman, but know how much he already may know.", Cuphead stood up,"Look, do I need to sell my soul again to you so you don't stab me in the back finding him?! Because I will do it again, if it means you stick to your word and not kill us if you actually get your hands on the power.", Devil sighed, setting the Trident down,"No, this time I'll do it for free.", "Why?", "If that power falls into the hands of someone not apart of the society of Calix Animi; It might as well be the end of the world.", Devil went to get a drink, Cuphead turned to Dice who sighed,"From what I know, The Calix Animi was not a power owned by Angels or Demons, despite the power being considered Holy or they write in the language the Angels do.", "So, they're separate?", "Yes.", Devil confirmed as he took a swing of his alcohol,"Besides, the power disappeared after The Legendary Chalice had eventually died.", Cuphead frowned,"So, when The Legendary Chalice died, the power died??", Dice shrugged, honestly Dice didn't know much about it as Devil did.
"So, Cuphead. Be wary whenever you leave the Casino. Be sure you watch your back too."
Cuphead nods,"Got it. . .", Cuphead needed to figure out the truth, the bad feeling was replaced with worry about going to look for answers.
But who could Cuphead-
. . .
Cuphesd sighed, looked like he had a lot of work tomorrow.