{{Chapter 9: Some Answers}}

"Are you sure?"
Daisy nods, luckily they hid in the bag which surprised Cupuead but Daisy was quite small.
"You don't seem too nervous about staying in the Casino? I guess you must be alright with Devil seeing as Cagney probably use to come in here to seal the deal or something, right?", Daisy nods, Cuphead sighed and lay down,"Let's just try and get some sleep while we still can. . . At this ridiculous time.", Daisy nods, cuddling up to Cuphead for the night and were glad the Devil told them that if anything happened to their apartment they would have rooms here for them.

=

Cuphead woke up again, sitting up after ANOTHER dream!
Checking on Daisy, they were still out like a light and it was currently. . . 6am.
Cuphead got up out of bed, tucking Dasiy in so they could still sleep.
Cuphead just put on a jumper and trousers, and his shoes.
"Better go talk to Devil. Hopefully he has some answers."
Cuphead sighed as he left the room, checking Daisy one last time before he closed the door to find Devil.

~

*Knock*
*Knock*
*Knock*
Devil looked up,"Enter; Cuphead.", Cuphead entered,"Figured you were awake.", Cuphead closed the door after him, turning to The Devil,"So. . . About yesterday.","Have a seat.", Cuphead sat down, Devil put down his newspaper and turned to Cuphead,"So, last night you saw Gabriel and his brother outside your door?","I think so yeah, but. . . How do you know them and why did they take Mugman?", Devil cleared his throat, pulling a book out and sat it on the desk.
"Mugman met Gabriel, the reason no one could see Gabriel or hear him: Is because he's an Angel."
. . .
"What now?"
Devil nods,"Yes; An Angel. While I, the Devil, use my goat form to blend in with mortals the angels blend in by pretending to be mortals. Didn't you ever hear that saying of Jesus could be anyone?", Cup nods,"Yeah, Elder Kettle used that to type and make us behave a lot, worked mostly on Mugs.", "I can imagine it didn't work on you.", Cups shrugged, Devil then continued,"But just because Gabriel is an Angel doesn't mean he's a fucking Saint.", Cuphead leaned back,"How so?", "His brother. . . Likes mortality; Death.", Cuphead gulps, something tells him that it was the brother the kicked down the door, just a hunch.
"And my guess is that the reason Gabriel helped Mugman, was so they could get their hands on the power you two use to have and find out about the Society of Calix Animi.", Cups nods slowly, the Devil huffed,"Must have found out Mugman was researching the Society and found it to be perfect.", Cups stood up,"So, he tricked Mugs by offering help?", "I guess, honestly it surprised me that Gabriel managed to get to Mugs.", Cups nods, Mugs wasn't easy to trick but then again when it came to getting answers it probably was the thing to break Mugs.
"I think also the fact he was going out to see him a lot for answers also played into Mugs finally letting down his walls."
Devil sighed,"Big mistake, so word of advice; No matter what or who offers you help- Don't take it.", Cuphead nods,"I think I learned that the hard why back then.", Devil chuckled, Cups sighed and rolled up his sweater sleeves, he just couldn't stand his sleeves being rolled down,"So. . . Is there, anything you can do to find Mugs or. . . Anything I can do.", Devil tapped the table, thinking of a plan himself as he didn't think they would be back so soon.
. . .
"Here's what you can do until I can locate Mugman; You stay here and work like nothing is wrong, Gabriel can't enter the Casino because he's an Angel, but I'll have demons keep an eye out for the other brother.", Cuphead nods, Devil wrote something on a scroll,"Where did the Liberian say Mugs went off too?", "Quardratus.", Devil nods,"Shifts starts in 2 hours, I'll be sure to give you some updates.", Cuphead nods and leaves,"And Cuphead.", Cuphead turned back, Devil rolled up the scroll and gave it to an Imp,"Is there anything else I need to know.", Cuphead remembered the dreams, but he shook his head,"No, thing else. I just want to find Mugs.", Devil nods and Cuphead went to change for work.