{{Chapter 12: Not Coping Well}}

"Thanks Daisy."
Cuphead put the paper in a folder, Daisy had tied their new room a bit and was under the covers.
Cuphead paused as he stared at the spear he had at the corner, hidden from view with the help of the bookcase.
"I'll have to get work done tomorrow and then, tonight I have to go back to the woods and go see. . .", Cuphead trailed off, he was too exhausted and was still reeling from the information he had learned.
. . .
"I hope Forkington is okay, those two really want something."
Daisy nods, Cuphead quickly changed into PJs and got in bed and was asleep in no time.
Daisy looked at Cuphead, never had they seen him this exhausted so as a way to comfort him they smuggled up to him and fell asleep.

=

Cuphead woke up somewhere odd. . .
He stood up, immediately finding himself not in the Casino anymore but rather by Quardratus again.
. . .
Wait.
Looking into the water, he realised he looked like what he did back when he was a kid.
Wearing his black sweater, white gloves, red shorts and yellow trainers.
"What the. . .?"
Wait- Was he in the sky?
Looking down, he could see the clouds and it almost made him feel like throwing up.
Standing up, he looked around and noticed a temple.
"!"
Those were. . . Chalice!
Cuphead ran down the path, jumping on some pillars to get to the temple and there he saw what Forkington was taking about.
Demons were chained, guards stood around and there was Chalice standing before them all.
"Today is the day, we hide among the mortals and the souls of the Casino to convert them from Sin."
Ah, so this was what they did.
Then the scene changed again.
Cuphead stumbled in his step, this time it was dark out. . . And he was near the near the Third Temple that himself and Mugman had freed Chalice from.
"Here. . .? Why here??"
Then screaming came from inside!
Without thinking, he raced inside and upon entering he was taken it back in shock of what he saw.
The Legendary Chalice, and someone that looked much older than her was standing over the body of a Demon and above that Demon looked to be. . . A soul.
Cuphead covered his mouth, feeling like his heart was going to beat out of his chest.
And the scene changed again, but this time he was now in a black and white ace with horrible faces around him but he saw. . . Chalice.
She was on her hands and knees, she was crying.
"I'm sorry. . . I beg you. . ."
Was she. . . Begging for forgiveness?
Cuphead then jumped as the scene around them turned to red and black, now what looked to be thousands of souls swarming her.
"NO, PLEASE, NO!!! HAVE MERCY!!! PLEASE!!!"
Cuphead watched as the souls tore her apart, like the souls were draining her of her life and power as many they screeched around her to drown out her pleas and soon she began to resemble how she looked the last they had seen Chalice alive.
Cuphead covered his ears, it was so loud. . . So loud. . . He fell to his knees, begging the souls to spare her and tried to yell over them but they couldn't hear him over their own rage.
"No one is a saint; But the survival of fittest survive."

=

Cuphead woke up, nearly yelling before he covered his mouth and screamed into his blanket.
He realised he was soaked in sweat and Daisy thankfully hadn't woken up.
Cuphead felt. . . Sick, he felt dizzy and like he had just woken up from visiting Hell itself.
"I-. . . I-. . ."
Cuphead got out of bed, once he gained some balanced and changed into some clothes he left the room to got and get some air or a drink to calm his nerves or even attempt to do so.

~

Cuphead sat on the stage, he had a gotten himself a glass of Whisky.
Even thought it was 4am, here he was in his work uniform sitting on stage drinking Whisky.
Why. . . Why couldn't these dreams or nightmares go away. . .?
"You're up early."
Cuphead jumped, standing to his feet but nearly relaxed to see Mrs Pirouletta.
"O-Oh, it's uh. . . Just you."
She nods, noting the Whisky and the fact that Cuphead was dressed too early.
. . .
"Cuphead, are you alright? You look quite startled and. . ."
Cuphead dusted himself off,"Yeah-Yeah, of course it's just uh-. . . You know, Mugman going missing- I-It's just stress, you know and just-. . .", Cuphead sighed, Mrs Pirouletta rested her hand on his shoulder and sat him down on the stage.
"I-. . . I just had a nightmare, and it. . . It shook me up I guess. . ."
"I see. . . I can tell, you're sweating a lot and you don't look well at all. . ."
Mrs Pirouletta could feel him sweating through his clothes,"Do you want to talk about it? Is there anything I can do to help you??", Cuphead shook his head,"As, as nice as the offer is I uh. . . I don't really wanna talk about it. . . I just, can't even begin too.", Mrs Pirouletta nods, sighing she took the Whisky away from Cuphead and handed him a cup of tea she had made moments ago before heating Cuphead.
"We will find your brother."
Cuphead nods, taking a sip of tea to try and relax himself as Mrs Pirouletta sat beside him in a comfortable silence.