{{Chapter 14: Back To The Woods}}

Devil took Cuphead to his office and King Dice followed quickly, he needed to make sure Devil didn't explode or do something rash!
Entering the office, Devil sat Cuphead down and told him to open his mouth which he did and the Devil shone a light like was dentist.
"This doesn't make sense. . . The first time, I suspected that they gave you a watered down shot but a second time, and you didn't suffer the side effects like last time you drank it.", King Dice read the back of the bottle while Devil kept checking Cuphead for any sign that he may slowly die because of the alcohol.
King Dice knew something was wrong, the bottle label clearly stated that this was practically like acid and gasoline to mortals and drinking it with either cause a quick death in fire or a slow and painful death as the acid slowly destroyed the Mortal's body.
And Cuphead should have been no exception to this knowledge so; How did he survive a second time??
Devil eventually let Cuphead go and Cuphead groaned as he finally got to close his mouth,"I dunno myself, Dev. Even though I joked about it last time, I honestly don't know.", "I know you don't.", Devil took the bottle from King Dice, checking it himself and Cuphead sat in silence.
Honestly, it tasted like someone had mixed every single alcohol drink together and added some spice.
Devil sighed,"The Casino is closed anyway, Cuphead you're free to leave but that doesn't mean you're off the hook with this situation.", he nods and leaves quickly, he had to make a visit to the woods anyway so hopefully he could get there on time.
. . .
"What do you think boss? Is there a reason he managed to survive??"
Devil thought about it, staring at the bottle in his hand as he thought of several reasons to how Cuphead could have survived.
"Dice, do you mind writing to Lilith, jer slaves did make the alcohol so she have an explanation."
"Right away."
And King Dice left.
Devil sighed, who was he kidding; He knows how Cuphead survived, he tried to keep Dice out of this but failed to do so because of his abilities, but Devil just had to keep Dice out of danger so he could stop those two angel Demon brothers and possibly get what he needs

=

"Hey, Cuphead!"
He looked up, at first confused but then saw Wallie and Hilda by Wallie's place,"Oh, hey guys. Um, how's it going??", "Pretfy good.", "Have you seen Cagney around, he promised he would write to us after he settled into the city.", Cuphesd gulped, he still hadn't gotten back to Wheezey about that!
"Uh, I'll let you know if I run into him, I got something to do."
"Okay then."
And Cuphead left, he was going to where Croaks and his brother would usually box in so, Porkrind better be there still or he's going back to Forkington with a piece of his mind.

~

There was a lot of yelling and cheering, Cuphead guessed the boxing round was over as he saw Croaks hop over the ring and towards an empty bar.
"Uh, Croaks?"
"Why! If it isn't Cuphead, how have you been old pal??"
Cuphead sighed,"Honestly, a little stressed but I need to ask you something.", Croaks nods, throwing a towel over himself,"What's up then?", "By chance, did Porkrind work here, if so where is he because I need to talk to him.", Croaks nods,"Sure thing, he did work here but he actually left not too long ago.",Cuphead froze,"What?! Where?!", "Just up the hill, you know he's was saying he had to go back he'd be back-","Gotta go and catch him, thanks Croaks!", and Cuphead sprinted for the door.

~

Bursting out the door, Cuphead looked around and up the hill he saw a silhouette of a wagon and Porkrind!
Cuphead looked at the swamp, it was a shortcut to reach him quicker but that  would mean getting-
Oh why did he care?!
Without thinking to tuck in his trousers in his boots, he ran across the swamp and thanked someone that it was shallow and easy to run in.
Once he got to the other end, he shook his legs a few times before continuing to run up the hill.
"PORKRIND!!"
"WAIT, PORKRIND!!"

=

Porkrind stopped pulling the Wagon, hearing a familiar yet a little more mature voice calling out his name.
"?!"
"Cuphead?"
And sure enough, it was Cuphead he could immediately recognise the younger brother,"Porkrind. . .! Why are you leaving again. . .!? We've been. . . Looking all over for you!. . .", Cuphead caught his breath, Porkrind sat Cuphead down on a stomp so he could catch his breath.
"Sorry, Cup. I had to leave for you and your brother's safety. And. . . I have to leave again.", Cuphead gulped, turning to Porkrind,"Mug-. . . Mugman got kidnapped!. . .", Porkrind was stunned,"What?!", "He was tricked. . .! And I need to know about the potions in order to find him, please Porkrind. . .!", Porkrind was unsure of telling Cuphead, but he looked so tired and exhausted, even if he promised Elder Kettle the boys would have found out eventually.
"Okay. . . You, my boy, deserve some answers."
Cuphead looked up, Porkrind opened his Wagon window and he saw the power-ups and potions,"Wait, you still have them. . .!", "Of course, I brewed the potions for the Calix Animi.", Cuphead approached the window, Porkrind pointed to the potions,"When the temples fell from the sky, the Society of The Calix Animi was discovered and their power. Unfortunately because of their deeds, many people took their bodies in order to steal their power, they were of course unsuccessful because the power died along side their bodies.", Cuphead shuddered, he remembered when Mugman and him died countless times, did that mean if they weren't fast enough they would die along with the power?
"Then, how do you have those potions?"
"Because one survived and taught me how to make potions they used to give themselves a boost.", Cuphead was surprised, so Chalice really was the most powerful while others had to use power-ups to keep up with her.
"I think this will help you find Mugman."
Cuphead was then handed another potion,"All you have to do is pour it in Quardratus and it should bring you to Mugman.", Cuphead smiled,"How much?", "Take it for free, my treat, just find your brother and bring him home safely.", Cuphead nods, putting the potion in his bag and runs away.
Porkrind smiled as Cuphead ran back to Inkwell Isles.
. . .
"Found you at last."
Porkrind chuckled, grabbing a sword from his Wagon and turned to the 'angel' brothers behind him.