{{Chapter 15: The Last Temple}}

"I'll try and be back soon."
It was decided that Cuphead, Devil, King Dice and some the Devil's imps would be coming along to find Mugman.
Daisy gave Cuphead one last hug as he left to meet up with Devil and Dice.
"I'm on my way, Mugs. . . Just hang in there whether you are."

=

Cuphead read the back of the bottle, unscrewing it and pouring it into Quardratus.
"Think that will work."
"It better."
And sure enough, Quardratus began to bubble up like crazy and Dice pulled Cuphead back a bit as it continued to bubble.
Then Quardratus disappeared and instead a hopeful portal appeared like a wormhole.
"Only one way to find out."
Taking a few steps, Cuphead jumped in as Devil turned to Dice,"Keep watch.", "Yes, Boss.", so Devil and his imps followed Cuphead while Dice stayed behind to keep watch.

=

"What the. . ."
Cuohead found himself in a tunnel of some kind, following it he was completely stunned.
"There was a temple under Quardratus this whole time?!?"
The Temple was in like a pocket cave, ruined and there were so many items scattered around the cave.
Picking up a book, shaking it a bit once noticing it was in a puddle,"This is also written in the language of angels.", "Indeed.", Devil and the imps looked around, Cuphead dropped the book and rushed around and up to the temple,"Mugman???", he opened the doors, flinching out the loud screech the door made across the floor.
. . .
What was this. . .?
The temple didn't look ruined too much, sure it looked decayed but not in that bad condition for something that probably fell from the sky.
But then how did it get underground, was it so long ago that these lands fell??
"Mugman, where are you??"
Cuphead walked into the doorway of what looked to be a library but as soon as he stepped in, these. . . Strange incravings on the walls, old shelves and even the floor and ceiling.
"How on earth. . . Who am I kidding, this place is magical."
"Cuphead!"
Cuphead jumped, raising his fist as he glanced around,"Who's there??", "Cuphead, I'm over here!", Cuphead then froze, rushing towards the voice in panic and that panic soon turned into fear and sadness.
. . .
"Mugman. . ."
There on the ground lay Mugman's shattered body, but on top of a desk piled with books was a jar with his soul inside of.
"Cuphead! I'm so, so, so sorry!. . . You were right. . . You were right to not trust him. . . I'm such an idiot."
Cuphead felt bad,"Hey, I'm the one that sold our souls to the Devil, none if this would have happened if I hadn't.", Mugman shook his head,"No Cups, . . . This one is on me. . . If I hadn't been blinded by knowledge and my stupid desire to know the truth, this wouldn't have happened.", Cuphead took a deep breath, picking up the jar,"It doesn't matter now, I'm getting you out before the brothers come back.", so Cuphead, with a heavy heart, left his brother's body as he sprinted out of the library looking place.

~

"How did this happen."
Mugman sighed,"They tricked me, and got the jump on me. . .", Cuphead gulped,"Is there no way to, I dunno repair his body??", "Unfortunately, no. Since your soul left your body and no one parried you.", Mugman nods, understanding the Devil, guess he was going without a body unless he wanted to be freed.
"Not so fast."
They were here.
Turning around, they saw Gabriel and Az standing at the entrance of the temple and in Gabriel's hand was a familiar looking potion-
"Wait, THAT'S THE POTION!"
He chuckled, holding it up and shaking it lightly,"Not enough though to keep the power forever.", Az smiled,"But just enough to get use to the power when we do.", Mugman hit his ghost hands on the glass,"Cuphead, Devil; Run!", Cuphead listened to his brother and took off running down the cave Tunnel.

=

"Cuphead!"
King Dice helped pull him out, once pulling Cuphead out of the portal he saw the jar with Mugman's soul,"Oh. . .", "I'm sorry Mugs. . .", Mugs just shook his head,"It was my fault, none of this would have not happened if I didn't skip work or trusted those two.", then someone came out from the portal; Gabriel.
"AHHHH!!"
King Dice acted quick, pulling out a card and with a swift move of his hand and-
. . .
Wait, where did he go?
Cuphead looked confused as did Mugman,"Where did he. . .", King Dice then showed them his card.
His new card had Gabriel trapped in it!
"Just like a magic trick."
So he could have something similar to the Inkwell!
Devil then appeared,"Let's leave before the other brother follows.", the portal closed as they left and Cuphead just hugged the jar with Mugman's soul in it to feel some type of comfort.