|12| Eli, my friend

❝ If it's all in our head, maybe it's just an illusion. An illusion of non-existent space & lies. ❞

. . .

     With each blood drop, oozing out yellowish discharge; my head made a collision with a hard knock; which might be a wooden desk— I really don't remember anything after that. The throbbing pain was anguishing, and was blocking my vision. Slowly it surfaced through my whole body; and I met with the darkness.

      It's maybe middle of the night, when slowly I started to get my consciousness. The peripheral vision was hard to avoid; but surprisingly there's no pain in my body. I'm feeling light instead. Am I dead? Is it the end?

      I touched my head, no— there's no sign of blood or anything. What's happening? And this room; isn't mine. Where am I? There is a staircase in the middle of the room. And the walls of this room; is oddly painted with pink, blue— making a hard wreck in between with the plain white lines.

       Who the heck has this kind of room? Even if it's midnight as I thought it would be, since I fainted around the evening. But there's no room for any windshield; or window to see the view outside. Hours have passed; yet it feels like no time has passed.

        Without any choice; I decided to ascend the staircase. As I ascend the stairs one by one; nostalgia is clicking back in my spine. Albeit I have never been in this room before, right?

       Surprise gasp escapes from my mouth, the upstairs room is nothing like the previous place, where I regain my consciousness. I couldn't conclude anything —this room is oddly familiar. Despite having a shiny white floor; it has a wooden floor. And an earthy smell, woodenhead aroma filled up; with diligent light curtains enclosing the slight touch of monolith.

        Despite being in the room for the first time, it feels like I am familiar with each side of this room, as I glance from the walls— I notice there's a bed, comforting enough. There's a table in the bedside corner; and some toys, which are probably for any child, are scattered in the corner.

        I'm loitering, it's not a lie— I am clueless, these aren't making any sense; yet I am at ease, like this is where I have always been. While frantically looking for any sign of existence, a huge shrinking voice pulls me to look at the destination. There's a girl —about 6/7 years old, and she's looking at me with so much fondness. I would have thought she'd be my other piece if I didn't know better.

        I cease to break the silence, so I start to walk over there. She smiled at my direction.

         "How are you doing, Eli?" she asked & gestured to me to sit beside her.

         "I— how do you know me?" I couldn't hide my mortifying voice. What's with this girl, making skin crawled with fear yet my better judgement says she couldn't do any harm, can she?

         "Come on, you're my friend. You'd hit your head. Quite happens," she murmured, "Will you play with me?"

       Just when I opt to say, loud footsteps are echoing. It takes a few seconds before; she says, "You should hide. Mom can't see you. Yeah, she can't —"

     "But—" before I could utter anything, I was suddenly in a light state, like a feather and I was slowly sinking into. . her head. What just happened? There's a lady in her thirties. She is looking elegant, she's wearing a navy blue dress which is hugging her body like another skin— yikes! Isn't she feeling suffocated?

      "Why are you still awake, Liv? You should be asleep now. Besides, you have school tomorrow," she said while ushering her towards bed.

      The girl has a morbid face now, "But mom! I don't have school tomorrow. It's a holiday. Can you please tell a bedtime story? I promise to sleep after that," she said with a hopeful tone.