Chapter 5

After the sun started to set Pearl came out of her room with a case of clothes. Grian was in his room grabbing his stuff and Scar was at the dining room table as Pearl came out.

"Hey where's Gri?" Pearl asked as she put her stuff by the door.

"He went to pack I think" Scar said as he got Jellie ready to leave.

"Alright" Pearl said and sat down at the table.

"I've gotten my stuff, are we all ready to go?" Grian asks as he walks into the room with a bag.

"Is that all you're bringing?" Pearl asks.

"Yes now get up and let's go before I change my mind" Grian said and walked over to the door as the two got up.

***

After they made it to town, they went straight for Scar's house before anyone got suspicious.

"And here's my house, come on in" Scar said as he entered, he saw Tango sitting there on the couch.

"Finally!! I've been wa-" Tango was saying until he spotted the two people behind Scar.

"Are these more of your friends?" Tango asked.

"Indeed we are" Pearl smiled and pushed past Scar and put down her case, and pushed the hood off her head showing off her small winged ears compared to Grian's Wings ears.

"Pearl you can't just take off your hood in front of random people!" Grian said, Scar closed the door as Grian walked over to Pearl.

"So Grian and Pearl... winged people ok" Tango says and stares at the two bicker quietly.

"Here Tango do you wanna come over tomorrow morning so I can get these two settled in so we can talk more?" Scar asks his friend.

"Yeah I'll be over tomorrow I'll see if Ren is free two since he's been so busy doing king stuff." Tango said and Scar nodded. He walked out of the house confused about life.

"Now you two stop fighting" Scar said and looked over to the two.

"Ok," Pearl said, crossing her arms.

"Now I only have 1 guest bedroom, so one of you will have to sleep on the couch." Scar said.

"I'll sleep on the couch" Grian said and walked over to the cushioned seat.

"Are you sure you c-" Pearl was cut off.

"Yes I'm sure," Grian said with a yawn.

"Alright, Pearl I'll take you to your room." Scar smiled and Pearl nodded, before they headed up stairs Scar turned the lights off.

***

After an hour Scar heard his room door quietly squeak open he expected Jellie to come in but instead it was Grian who was shivering, his wings drooped.

"Hey, can I get you anything?" Scar asked quietly. Grian mumbled something but Scar was not able to hear it, Grian entered the room and walked over to Scar.

"I'm cold," Grian said, his voice sounding strained.

"I can get-" Scar was saying until his face flushed as Grian put his face into Scar's chest.

"Warm" Grian purred(did you know birds can purr?! I didn't know until now :D 2:30am), Scar's cheeks flushed more from the sound he was making.

"I didn't know you could purr" Scar chuckles and Grian looks up to him and gets into the bed much to Scar's surprise, he places his face back into Scar's chest. Only a moment later Grian grabs one of Scar's hands and places it on his own head, Scar quickly gets the hint and starts to gently pet his head. Grian quickly fell asleep as he was being pet, soon after Scar also fell asleep his hand carelessly fell onto the back of Grian's neck.