Sick little bird

Grian woke up with a pressure on his chest, when he looked down to his chest he saw Scar cuddled up to him.

“Scar? Wake up” Grian shook Scar’s shoulder, Scar groaned and mumbled something incoherent.

“Come on man, get up!” Grian sighed.

“Stoppp speaking so loudly” Scar whined and pressed his face against Grian’s chest.

“Ugh, then shift a bit, my wings are starting to hurt” Grian sighed again.

“Fine” Scar said and turned to his side, taking Grian with him. Grian’s wings unfolded and stretched, laid gently against Scar’s side. Scar looked at the wings then stuffed his face back into Grian’s chest, he mumbled something about Grian’s wings but Grian was drifting back to sleep, Scar looked up at Grian who was now sleeping and got up. He slid from under the wing and got out of the bed and walked over to the door and opened it to see Pearl and Gem hunched over against the wall whispering to each other, when they noticed Scar they stopped and stood up quickly.

“Hey how was your sleep?” Gem asked.

“It was good… what time is it?” Scar stated and rubbed his eyes.

“It's um around 8 in the morning,” Pearl quickly said and then whispered to Gem and pointed at Scar.

“What are you two whispering about?” Scar asked.

“Um you have one of Grian’s loose feathers in your hair” Gem said quickly and pointed to his head, Scar quickly put his hands in his own hair and pulled out a dark blue feather.

“How did that get in there?”Pearl asked and looked at Scar suspiciously.

“I'm cuddly when I’m tired… I also may have touched his wings the other day.” Scar said, mumbling the last bit.

“You… OH I'M GONNA MURDER YOU!” Pearl yelled, she got into protective younger sister mode.

“Wait wait what did I do?!” Scar said scared.

“Pearl darling, I’m also confused… please calm down and explain” Gem said and pulled Pearl away from Scar a bit.

“I… I forgot you two don’t know,” Pearl stated then turned to Gem and whispered to her, Gem’s face turned bright red.

“OH MY VOID!” Gem laughed and then covered her face with her hands.

“What? Is it bad?” Scar asked.

“Um think like… intimate” Gem sighed and uncovered her face, that was when Scar became red.

“OH, i need to apologize” Scar said and covered his own face with one hand.

“Yeah it's very personal, like preening,” Pearl said.

“I mean he allowed me to help him preen so…”Scar quickly said.

“He allowed you to… He’s only allowed me to help twice and that's recent!” Pearl looked so betrayed by Scar’s words.

“Well that's something you have to talk to him about when he wakes up.” Gem laughed softly.

"And Scar should maybe learn about Avians" Gem teased with a laugh.

***

When Grian had woken up, the room had a chill. Grian shifted around on the bed, he opened his eyesand sat up with a groan. He ripped his face with his hands that were not feathered and his claws were gone. He wondered how he had just noticed it but he just shook his head and got out of bed. He shivered and hugged his arms around himself plus his wings rested against his shoulders as a second heat source. Grian walked out of the room and heard quiet talking downstairs, he quietly walked down the stairs, the creak of the last step signaled that he was up.