Chapter 23 Wolves

Molly Weasley was waiting for them as they landed. And no sooner had they appeared than they were all enveloped in a warm hug as she rushed around the room greeting each of them - just as enthusiastic to see Harry and Hermione as she was her own children. The twins joined them a moment later, and between the lot of them managed to drag all the trunks upstairs to the appropriate bedrooms. Harry would be staying with Ron while Hermione would be bunking with Ginny. Molly was already frantically trying to figure out where to put everyone else once the rest of the company arrived.

"Now, I'm going to move Percy into the twin's room so that Professor Snape can have his room," Molly informed Harry. "And I'll have Charlie bunk in with Bill so that Remus and Sirius can have his room - you don't think they'll mind bunking together do you?" She looked worried at the thought.

Harry stifled a laugh at that. "I'm sure it will be fine," he informed her. Both men had written to him regularly and as far as he could tell there had been no further advancement in their relationship, though Sirius was eternally hopefully. He was certain that Sirius at least would not complain about the sleeping arrangements. If Remus did, then Sirius could always sleep on the couch in dog form, something he'd done often enough in the past. As it was he had a surprise for the two men that he was hoping would make both their lives easier eventually. He couldn't wait to see them.

"I can't believe you married Professor Snape, Harry," Fred exclaimed as he and George set their trunks down in Ron's bedroom.

"How's it been, mate?" George asked with mock horror. "He poison you nightly with foul smelling potions?"

"Don't worry, Harry," Fred continued. "We've got all sorts of nifty new products to try out on him when he arrives."

"Don't you dare!" Harry protested, surprising both boys.

"Yeah, guys," Ron agreed. "Imagine the revenge he'll take on Harry if you do anything too evil."

The twins shuddered in horror.

"That's not what I meant," Harry said in exasperation, shoving his glasses more firmly onto his nose. "It was hard enough getting him to agree to join us for Christmas as it was - if you annoy him, he'll never join us again."

All three of the Weasley boys stopped what they were doing and stared at Harry in confusion. "Ah, Harry," Ron asked. "Wouldn't that be . . . like. . . a good thing?"

Harry rolled his eyes in annoyance. "No, look, just trust me on this . . .he's been nice. I'd rather get along with him than go back to the way things were before all this happened. He's . . .you know. . ."

"Nice?" the three of them asked in unison.

"Yes," Harry agreed. "Just trust me for once, will you?"

The three brothers looked at each other in confusion, but shrugged their shoulders. "If you say so Harry," they agreed.

"Harry!" two more tall red-heads pushed their way into Ron's small room, and a moment later Harry found himself being hugged enthusiastically by both Bill and Charlie. They greeted Ron as well but both seemed far more interested in the golden wedding band Harry was wearing on his hand.

"From what I hear you were nearly married off to one of us," Charlie teased.

Harry found himself blushing at the though. He wondered how much different married life might have been if he had married either Bill or Charlie. "Well . . ."

"Hell, he was nearly married off to me," Ron informed them. "We were desperate to find someone."

"But Snape?" Charlie exclaimed. "I would have been a much better choice than Snape!"