Mount Glenn

I woke up from a very peaceful sleep and noticed Ruby wasn't in bed with me, and everyone seemed to be up already. I hopped down from the bed.

Y/n: Hey, where's Ruby?

Blake: Ozpin called for her after something happened last night.

Y/n: Oh, right that slipped my mind. Well, while we all wait for her to get back, I'm going to quickly change.

I quickly grab some clothes and go to the bathroom to change. I came out with my usual combat outfit as the dorm room door opened and everyone was surrounding her.

Y/n: Let's give her some space and let her explain what happened.

Ruby: Well... I may have told them about the hideout in the southeast.

Weiss: That was a risky move.

Blake: No, I think you handled it well.

Ruby: I hope so.

Y/n: I'm sure you did.

Yang: I'm sure everything will be alright, Ruby. Oh, I know what will cheer you up.

Yang went over to the cylindrical package on the table and picked it up.

Ruby: What's that?

Yang: I don't know yet. Dad sent it to us. I thought we could open it up together.

Ruby: Ohh! Something from home!

Ruby got on her sister's back and was reaching for the package as a black cylindrical object came out. We all gathered around it as it rustled and popped up, turning into Zwei.

Zwei: Woof woof.

Ruby: Zwei!

Blake: He sent a dog?!

Weiss: In the mail??

Ruby is holding Zwei as it licks her as I come up beside her and scratch behind its ears.

Yang: Oh, he does stuff like this all the time.

Blake: Your dad or your dog?

I looked over and saw Blake in Ruby's bed. I would say something, but I did howl at the moon once.

Weiss: Are you telling me that this mangy, drooling, mutt is going to wive with us forevah? Oh yes, he is. Yes, he is! Oh, isn't he adorable.

She starts petting him.

Blake: Please keep it away from my belongings.

Y/n: Got it.

Glynda over P.A.: Will first year students please report to the amphitheater.

Weiss: Well, we can't exactly leave him here while we're gone for the week.

Ruby sets Zwei down, and he walks over to Blake still on the top bunk and barks.

Yang: Look, there's a letter! "Dear girls, I've got to leave the island for a few days, so I'm sending Zwei to you to take care of. Enclosed is all the food you should need. Love you both, Taiyang."

Dozens of cans of dog food spill out of the small package, piling up around Zwei as it defies physics.

Weiss: What is he supposed to do with that?

A can opener falls from the package, bouncing off Zwei's head.

Yang: Well, that settles it! Come on, girls, Zwei will be here when we get back!

Weiss: Oh, I'll miss you so much, we're going to be best friends, I can't wait to see you.

We all started leaving, and Ruby stayed for a bit longer. I knew exactly what she was gonna do, and I'm all for it.