The Fall

We were in the dorm room after the match with Ironwood in the room. Everyone except Ironwood and I were sitting on a bed. I was leaned up against the wall. Ironwood was in the center of everyone.

Ironwood: I'm sorry, but you've left us with no choice.

Yang: (angrily replying) But he attacked me!

Ironwood: Video footage and millions of viewers say otherwise.

Weiss: (gesturing to her teammate from the other bed) But Yang would never do that!

Ruby: (standing up from beside her sister) Yeah!

Ironwood: (he turns around as Yang sighs and places her head in her hands) You all seem like good students, and the staff here at Beacon are fully aware that you would never lash out the way you did... under normal circumstances. (continues as Ruby sits back down, the entire team looking despondent) What I believe and hope this to be is nothing more than the result of stress and adrenaline. When you're out on the battlefield, your judgment can become clouded in an instant. Sometimes, you see things that simply aren't there. Even after the fight is past...

Yang: But I wasn't -

Ironwood: (angrily stern) That's ENOUGH! The sad truth is, whether it was an accident or an assault, it doesn't matter. The world saw you attack an innocent student. They've already drawn their own conclusions. And it's my job to inform you that... you are disqualified.

Everyone's shock turns into miserable understanding, and soon, Ironwood leaves the room.

Yang: (when the door clicks shut, she turns to us) You guys believe me, right?

Ruby: Duh!

Weiss: (shaking her head) You're hotheaded, but not ruthless.

Y/n: I gave you my warning, but I guess I should have more specific.

Yang: Blake?

Blake turns her gaze away, earning a shocked look between Ruby and Weiss.

Blake: I want to believe you...

Ruby: Huh!?

Weiss: What's that supposed to mean?

Yang: (eyes widening) Blake?

Weiss: How can you say something like that? Yang would never lie to us!

Blake: (glances at Weiss, then takes a deep breath before starting) I had someone very dear to me change. It wasn't in an instant. It was gradual - little choices that began to pile up. He told me not to worry. At first, they were accidents, and then it was self-defense. Before long, even I began to think he was right. This is all just... very familiar. But you're not him. And you've never done anything like this before. So... I want to trust you. I will trust you. But first, I need you to look me in the eyes and tell me that he attacked you. I need you to promise me that you regret having to do what you did.

Yang: (wipes her eyes of tears) I saw him attack me, so I attacked back.

I actually stand now and start going over to the door.

Blake: Okay, thank you.

Yang: I think I'm gonna rest up.

Everyone got up off the bed except Yang.

Blake: We'll get out of your hair.

We leave the room with Ruby closing the door behind her.

Weiss: This is a mess...

Y/n: Yeah, I hope she can get through it.

Not even a second later, Jaune opens his dorm room door to see how we're doing.