Unknowns

I was in the coliseum watching the match between Mercury and Emerald versus Coco and Yatsuhashi, with Ruby to my left. The fight was already nearing its end. Yatsu was steam blasted in the face while Coco has to deal with Emerald's mind fuckery in the forest and soon enough she was also taken out.

Velvet: Coco?

Soon, we got up. I knew the outcome but still watched just like Cinder did. Even if you know how a story ends, it is still fun to watch.

Timeskip brought to you by a small compilation of chibi fights

We were once again in the dorm. Ruby and Yang wanted to spend time with their Uncle Qrow. Currently Ruby was up against Qrow on a mortal kombat type game. He was pretty much beating her with ease.

Ruby: You'll never beat me, old man!

Qrow: You're nothing but talk, kid.

Yang: You can do it, Ruby.

Y/n: Go Rubes!

Game: Soaring ninja wins total annihilation.

Yang: (Whispering) Ouch.

Qrow: By the way, never call me old.

Yang pushes Ruby out of the way and towards me, practically in my lap.

Yang: My turn.

Game: New challenger approaches

Qrow: Now, where was I?

Ruby leaned back into my chest as she spoke up. My tail finally started to actually move from my emotions after the years of suppression to wag said tail.

Ruby: You were telling us about your last mission.

Qrow: Right, right. I'd come across a small village in the swamps west of Mistral. Right off the bat, I knew something wasn't right.

Ruby: What were you doing there?

Qrow: I needed information. Tired from battling Grimm along the way, I decided to start my search at the town's inn. The place was crawling with lowlifes and thugs, even a few Huntsmen that I could only assume had been hired by less-than reputable people for less-than respectable jobs. And that's when it happened.

Yang: What happened?

Qrow: I was defeated... by the mere sight... of the innkeeper's skirt length!

Yang threw a dog pillow at Qrow's face as he dealt the finishing blow to Yang's character in-game.

Yang: You are the worst!

We all laughed at Yang's misfortune. I got Ruby out of my lap, much to her disappointment, and got the controller from Yang.

Y/n: Ready for a true gamer?

I select my character frozen ninja.

Game: New challenger approaches.

Qrow: Bring it on.

Ruby: Uncle Qrow, did you get in trouble with Ozpin?

Qrow: (waving the question off) Nah, me and Oz go way back. We're cool.

Yang: (scoffing) Cool for an old guy.

Qrow: (looking mad now) Not funny.

Ruby: So, what are you doing here anyway? I thought Dad said that you would be on a mission, for like... ever.

Game: Game start.

Qrow: Well, a professional Huntsman like myself is expected to get results as soon as possible.