Jaunedice

We were all in combat class as Cardin was beating the crap out of Jaune. Usually he picks me but I guess he was tired of getting pistol whipped by me and wanted a win. Cardin hasn't broken a sweat while Jaune looked completely exhausted. None the less he charged at Cardin while he just sidestepped tripped him up and swung his mace at Jaune to make him lose his shield. Jaune gets back up and charged at Cardin again as he blocks Jaune's sword with the hilt.

Cardin: This is the part where you lose.

Jaune: Over my dead- oof.

Cardin knees Jaune in the gut. Jaune falls to the floor as Cardin lifts his mace for a final strike as a buzzer goes off and I launched a fireball at his mace causing him to release it and have it fall away from Jaune and Cardin.

Glynda: Thank you Y/n. Students as you can see Mr. Arc's aura has dropped into the red. In a tournament style duel, this would indicate that Jaune is no longer fit for battle and that the official may call the match. Mr. Arc, it's been weeks now please try to refer to your scroll during combat gauging your aura will help you decide when it is appropriate to attack or when it's better to move to a more... defensive strategy. We wouldn't want you to be gobbled up by a beowolf, now would we?

Cardin starts walking off the stage.

Cardin: Speak for yourself.

Glynda: Remember everyone! The Vytal Festival is only a few months away it won't be long before students from the other kingdoms start arriving in Vale, so keep practicing! Those who choose o compete in the combat tournament will be representing all of Vale.

I noticed that Ruby, Yang, and Weiss are excited for the festival, I would to if I could compete and if it wasn't a constant reminder of that episode. The bell starts ringing and I get up and start heading to the cafeteria with my team. I got f/f and a fried porkchop and sat down with my team and team JNPR as Nora was telling a story.

Nora: So there we were in the middle of the night..

I took a bite out of the porkchop as I listen to her story along with most of the group.

Ren: It was day...

Nora: We were surrounded by Ursai...

Ren: They were beowolves.

Nora: Dozens of them!

I noticed Jaune was upset and picking at his food. I grew a worried look on my face. Ruby noticed my look and saw who I was looking at a adopted a saddened look.

Ren: Two of them.

Nora: But they were no match and in the end Ren and I took them down and made a boatload of lien selling ursa skin rugs!

Ren: She's been having this reoccurring dream for nearly a month now.

Pyrrha: Jaune... Are you ok?

Jaune: Huh oh yeah. Why?

Ruby: It's just that you seem a little...

Y/n: Depressed.

I take a bite out of my f/f.

Jaune: Guys, I'm fine... seriously look!

He nervously laughs and puts a fake smile on and does a thumbs up.

Pyrrha: Jaune, Cardin's been picking on you since the first week of school.

Jaune: Who? Cardin Winchester? Nah... He just likes to mess around, you know? Practical jokes.

Ruby: He's a bully.

Jaune: Name one time he's bullied me.

Y/n: He knocked your books out of your hands.