Shining Beacon

I was walking back to Ruby and Yang's home with Ruby hounding me about the future.

Ruby: Am I a great huntress in the future? Do I fight giant Grimm?

I grab her shoulders.

Y/n: I have two answers for you. One I said I know the future to an extent which is I believe one year and half to two years, secondly I won't exactly tell you big details but I can fill you in on small ones if you ask.

Ruby: So does anything interesting happen for me?

Y/n: I'm sure you do become a great huntress. You do fight big Grimm as well.

Ruby: Thanks. Oh we're back.

We both go in the house and was immediately greeted by Tai.

Tai: Where have you two been?

Ruby: Well you see...

Ruby quickly explains what happened while we were out she even called it a date. Tai is definitely happy that his little girl is going to Beacon much sooner than he thought. He is also happy that we actually hit it off on the first day. Which is quite surprising I thought he was going to beat the ever living crap out of me. But he's happy for us at least. After the whole explanation Ruby quickly went to go pack for Beacon since it starts tomorrow. While Tai pulled me aside.

Tai: I want you to make sure both Yang and Ruby stay out of trouble while you're at Beacon.

Y/n: You got it sir.

Tai: Thanks also there's leftovers in the fridge for you and Ruby.

Y/n: Thanks.

I went upstairs to the guest room with the bag of parts we got and dumped them out on the table with the rest of the parts. I tried to get to work putting it back together but it was a fruitless endeavor to do it one handed.

Y/n: Why am I even trying?

???: To remember your grandfather.

I look to the door to see who was there, which was Ruby she was the only person here I told about my grandfather so I should have known.

Ruby: You uh need help fixing it.

Y/n: Yeah thanks.

She pulls the chair that was beside the bed up to the table and started to fiddle with the parts as I hand her ones that she asks for that are out of her reach.

Timeskip

It took us a good hour and now it is nearly done it just needs the scope to be zeroed in and it would be done. Ruby did fall asleep near the end but the last few parts I was able to put back on. I felt my eyes getting heavy as well. I tried to stay awake a little longer but to no avail I fell asleep leaning up against Ruby.

Timeskip Yang's Pov

I was slightly worried this morning Ruby wasn't in her room and her stuff was still packed for Beacon. I quickly went to the guest room to see if she was with Y/n again. I quickly but quietly open the door to see Ruby at the table with Y/n leaning against each other.

Yang: Come on lovebirds we need to get to the landing platform so we can go to Beacon.

They didn't answer me back.

Yang: You guys there.

Y/n: *low snore*

Yang: (Thought) Oh they're asleep still.

I was about to wake them but then I had a devilish thought.

Mini timeskip Y/n's Pov

I slowly woke up and noticed someone put a blanket and that I had to pee. I took the blanket off of me and  covered Ruby with the rest and I rushed to the bathroom. After i finished my relieved myself in the bathroom I was half way through washing my hands when I looked at the mirror and saw I had writing and art on my face good thing I can read backwards. On my cheek it said good doggy, I had a monocle and a mustache drawn on my face and on my forehead it said Ruby's pet/boyfriend. That pet part put some anger in me just to the point where I yelled the name of the most likely suspect.