A Unexpected Surprise

Ruby's Pov

It's been two weeks since Jaune decapitating a Ursa major and Y/n's been depressed like and been avoiding the team. Yang says he's cheating on me but why would he and with who, he hasn't shown any interest in anyone other than me. Yang wanted to follow him and brought the whole team with her. It's Saturday and Y/n went to Vale. We are currently following as he goes into a bakery and comes out with two boxes. We start to follow him again as he stops in the park and sits down on the bench and pulls out his phone and headphones and starts singing.

(I didn't know which to pick so I put all of them in. He only sings one)

Yang starts to feel bad cause we could tell he was upset after his song and started to cry. I came out of hiding and went over to him.

Ruby: Y/n?

He lifts his head after wiping his eyes and putting a fake smile on.

Y/n: H-hey Ruby. What are you doing here?

Ruby: What's wrong?

Y/n: N-nothing.

Ruby: Don't push me away I saw you crying.

He hung his head and handed me his phone it was on a calender and it says Avery's birthday today.

Ruby: Who's Avery?

Y/n: My niece.

Ruby: You're a uncle?

Y/n: Yeah. Ever since I've been here I never thought about my family once but when I found out I was going to miss my niece's birthday I started to think of everyone who would miss me back home.

I sat down on the bench next to him and started hugging him.

Ruby: Y/n, I'm here for you, your friends are there for you.

Y/n: Thanks but I just want to be left alone right now. I got a box of cookies as a sorry for avoiding you gift.

I stop hugging him and sat there for a moment. I'm gonna hate myself for saying this.

Ruby: Hey you dropped something.

Y/n: What?

He starts looking around on the ground.

Ruby: Your smile.

Y/n: (chuckling) Also tell Yang, Blake, and Weiss that they can stop hiding. I can hear them talking about the things they heard.

They start getting out of the bushes and walk over to us. Before they came I gave Y/n a pleading look to tell them.

Y/n: Fine.

Yang: If you miss your family so much why don't you just call them.

Ruby: He can't Yang.

Blake: If they have scrolls they should be able to.