The Stray

We are wandering through Vale towards the docks as people around us are putting up banners and decorations for the Vytal Festival.

Weiss: The Vytal Festival! Oh this is absolutely wonderful.

Ruby: I don't think I've ever seen you smile this much Weiss. It's kinda weirding me out...

Weiss: How could you not smile? A festival dedicated to the cultures of the world! There will be dances, parades, a tournament! Oh the amount of planning and organization that goes into this event is simply breath taking.

Yang: You really know how to take a good thing and make it sound boring.

Y/n: Yeah Weiss don't think of the time and effort people put into something like this, just think of the fun stuff everyone gets to do and leave it at that.

We were slowly coming up to the docks. I could tell from the smell of raw fish and sea water.

Yang: See Y/n gets it.

Weiss: Quiet you.

Yang: Remind me again why we're spending our Friday afternoon visiting the stupid docks?

Ruby: Ugh they smell like fish.

Y/n: Hmm I wonder why?

Weiss: I've heard that students visiting from Vacuo will be arriving by ship today. And as a representative of Beacon I feel as though it is my solemn duty to welcome them to this fine kingdom.

We start walking closer to the dock entrance.

Blake: She wants to spy on them so she'll have the upper hand in the tournament.

Weiss: You can't prove that.

Y/n: You asked me if I knew anything about everyone that is competing in the tournament. Which I didn't... well not everyone.

Ruby: Woah.

We all look over to where Ruby was looking to see a robbed shop. We all start walking over to it and stop by the detective that is writing in his note pad.

Ruby: What happened?

Detective 1: Robbery. Second dust shop to be hit this week. This place is turning into a jungle.

Yang: That's terrible.

Detective 2: They left all the money again.

This definitely confused the girls but I know who it was and where they are going to be.

Ruby: Huh?

Detective 1: Yeah just doesn't make a lick of sense. Who needs that much dust?

Detective 2: I don't know an army?

Detective 1: You thinking the White Fang?

Detective 2: I'm thinking we don't get paid enough.

Weiss: Hmph! The White Fang what an awful bunch of degenerates.

Blake: What's your problem?

Weiss: My problem? I simply don't care for the criminally insane.

Blake: The White Fang is hardly a bunch of psychopaths. They are a collection of misguided faunus.

Weiss: Misguided? They want to wipe humanity off the face of the planet!

Y/n: Hey can you please cut this out you two.

Weiss: Are you going to defend them too, since they're your kind. I'm pretty sure you would've joined them too if you were born here.

I was shocked and the rest of the team was too that Weiss would say that to me.