Ron

The whole time throughout the session, Pierre told Louisa about the scars he had. They were deep gashes, but they were all old. It was kind of creepy to see his skin peeling like that, but I sat by and said nothing.

There was nothing for me to say, nothing for me to do. I sat there awkwardly the whole time, wondering why on Earth I was brought there.

After thirty-five long minutes, we finally exited the place, and as Louisa waved us goodbye, I turned to Pierre.

"Why did Louisa ask me to come? I did absolutely nothing there." I asked, tentatively. I didn't want to look oblivious, but there was physically nothing I did.

Pierre sighed. Not at me, or about me, but something else entirely. He didn't seem to be in the present at all. "Well, I wanted someone to be there, so that I could talk about this with someone other than my therapist.

"It's basically a way for me to get over my trauma. My brother Roland jumped off of his school building when I was fourteen years old. It was all over the news, so it wasn't hard to hear about it.

" 'St. Glen Public School, Roland Williams committed suicide off the top of the school building.' It was everywhere, and as soon as we saw it, we ran to his school."

Pierre wasn't crying, but his voice was shaky. He sounded right on the verge of breaking down, but he took a shaky breath and then continued.

"There was not nothing to see, not that we'd want to see Roland splattered on the school's pavement. I thought we were the best of best buds, and we went everywhere together. I thought we both understood each other more than anyone else could.

"I guess I didn't know him well enough to see that he was depressed inside. I know it's horrible of me to feel unloved, when it was he that did, but... There's just a sinking 'what if' feeling.

"That's why I go to therapy. I didn't have any friends, or anyone I knew, so I asked you. I know we don't know each other enough, and I thought it was dumb to ask someone you just met something like that, but Louisa insisted.

"You don't have to come anymore."

Now I know more about him. Why he was grumpy and withdrawn. I frowned. I could choose not to associate with him anymore, or I could choose to help him...

"There's not much of anything else I have to do, anyways. I'll continue coming with you." I said.Pierre let out an unconsciously held breath. "Thank you." He whispered.

I smiled. I suppose from now on, we're friends, or at least something like that.