Ron

When I yawned awake in the morning, my parents had come and brought me home from the hospital. They gave me a lecture, but in the end I got the benefit of the doubt.

I went back to the hospital after I was done with my chores. It was mid-morning by then, and when I went there, Pierre wasn't there.

Robin waved as I walked into the room, and I waved back. "Hey. How're you doing today?" I asked.

Robin frowned, and then he sighed. "Just around the same as usual. My whole body aches, and I just want to itch myself everywhere! It's just so frustrating."

That was what he said every time. I didn't know why I came here all the time. I was let out of school for a week "to mourn" even though Robin hadn't even died yet. I guess it was because he could be gone any second, and I wanted to be there in his last moments.

Even if I were asleep while it happened.

I walked over to the chair where Pierre's father sat. "Hello, Ron." He over called to me as I sat down next to him.

"Hello, Mr. Williams." I called back, politely. "Where's Pierre?"

"He's at home." Mr. Williams said. "He's grounded."

I frowned. "Grounded? Why?"

Mr. Williams sighed. "We have rules in the house. If you want to talk to him, you can come over for a little, but he can't go out."

I shrugged. "I'll go over, then. I have something to say."

I spent a few hours talking to Robin like we used to goof around all the time, the only difference this time being that Robin couldn't move around, at all.

After a while, I headed out to Pierre's house with his father. Well, I used my own car, but since I didn't know the way, I followed right behind Mr. Williams' car.When I got there, I headed straight into the house. Mr. Williams went into the kitchen, while I headed upstairs, to Pierre's bedroom."It's the first one across from the stairs." Mr. Williams called."Thank you." I called back.When I went up the crimson red stairs, I spotted a room right across from it. The door was open, and I caught the view of my reflection in the mirror above his mahogany dressing table.I went over to the doorway, knocking softly on the door, when I realised there was no one in the room. Awkwardly, I stood there for a few seconds, wondering what to do, before something caught my eye.On the dressing table was a notebook, a pencil, and a sharpener. Next to those three objects was a half closed computer. I went up to it and picked it up, careful not to let anything roll onto the floor."As she made her way to the tree, a sudden crack sounded behind her. She-"I quickly put down the notebook. I knew Pierre was an author, but I never really knew how the process went. I didn't know they wrote it in person and online, but I knew that this was technically his private property, and I decided not to root through it.I just awkwardly sat on his bed, when I heard a voice. "Ron? What're you doing here?"I looked up to see Pierre standing above me, and I quickly jumped up. "Hey, Pierre. About what you said earlier, I told my parents about being an actor, and-""Slow down." Pierre muttered. He sat down on his bed, and then pulled me down to sit next to him. "What were you saying about what I said before?"