Pierre

I went to Louisa's again this afternoon. We did the exercises again, in front of Ron. As we entered the building, I looked up. The top was out of my sight, covered by floors and floors, just like layers.

"This is probably a better building to jump off than your school building." I murmured, staring at the top of the building.

Beside me, Ron winced. I know, I have dark humour.

We entered the building, and when we got to Louisa's room and knocked on the door, she opened it up right away. As usual. She ushered the two of us in, and we sat at the short glass table like we always did.

Here's where we branched off of the "normal appointment". It wasn't anything out of the ordinary, it wasn't the same every time. Sometimes, we did breathing exercises, and sometimes we did "the cutting story".

It was always my choice.

"What are we going to do today?" Louisa asked, her chin propped up by her elbow, which was rested on her table.

I shrugged, and stared absentmindedly out the window. My meeting with Roland's friends - Anna and Ajax - is right after this. My legs twitched underneath the table. I didn't think I was ready, but I told myself I'll do it either way.

Even if I stutter, and make a total fool of myself, I'll go. I'll find out the truth, even if I don't have to go and meet with them, because I'd much rather never see them again, even though they're innocent.

"Aaalrighty, then!" Louisa clapped her hands together and stood up. "Let's do some breathing exercises! Ron and Pierre, stand up, and go along with me."

We both stood up.

"Close your eyes, and imagine a forest." She started in a soft, calm voice. "Look up with your eyes still closed. Imagine the sky, full of blue budgies and red robins. Imagine their cries filling the sky as they pass above you.

"Imagine the trees, a dark green colour, the branches and bark brown, imagine the leaves rustling in the wind.

"Imagine the sound of the wind, an ominous 'hooooo', the feel of the wind going through your hair..."

As she went on, I tried to keep up, but I also wondered about Roland the whole time.

'Did he feel the rush of the wind as he fell from the school top?'
'Did he regret it right before he hit the ground?'
'Did he really love me?'

Suddenly, a hand twirled, and intertwined with mine. It gave off the heat I needed, of a person - a living person. It gave the comfort I needed, the reassurance.

'Everything will be all right.'
'Don't fret.'
'Hold onto me, and don't overthink too much - or at all.'

Then, just as suddenly as it came, it was gone.

"Are you okay?" Ron was, looking at me worriedly.

A sudden realisation plunged deep into me, reaching and pulling me inside out. The words of soothing comfort were Roland's - I was simply imagining it, remembering the time I was nervous on my birthday.

He'd held my hand and smiled at me, and said everything was going to be alright. He was right, as usual. Everything was alright.

The heat, though... was it just my imagination? Despair clung to me. Why couldn't he come back? Why couldn't he not die in the first place?

Why couldn't he hold my hand, hug me, and comfort me like he used to when he as alive?

"Pierre?" Ron asked, looking even more worried by the second. "Do you want to... go?" He pointed unsurely at the door.

I was brought out of the storm in my brain momentarily. After comprehending what he'd said, I shook my head. "No. I'm okay, we'll stay."

"Alright, but... tell me when you're feeling off, okay?" Ron asked.

"Yeah." I murmured, not paying attention

Check out my other stories "Skeletons On The March" and "Supernatural Dog", which include Pierre's big brother, Roland!

https://www.inkitt.com/stories/other/969292/chapters/1?preview=true

Hit By A Truckजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें