Pierre

6:30

Ron sat at the edge of my bed and grinned at me, excited. "So, what's going on with you?" I asked.

"Well, the other day..."The other day we went to a bakery in town, and got some special cakes for both of us. We brought some back for Robin, because they were just so delicious, and no one could deny that.

On the way back home from there, we saw a few billboards advertising an actor. I was really busy imagining my novel getting a show or a movie, but Ron was thinking about other things. I was brought out of my daze only when he muttered,

"Hey, Pierre?"

I looked at him. "What is it?"

"You know, I've always wanted to be an actor, but my parents - well, it's not that they wouldn't support me. I knew they would, but I was just always worried that they would get complicated, saying I should start when I'm older. I mean, kid actors exist, right?

"Oh, I'm rambling again, aren't I?"

Ron looked at me. His gaze was expectant. He wanted me to tell him to go for it - to do it. I wondered if he'd ever looked at Robin like that before.

"You're already legally an adult." I said.

Ron frowned. "I still don't want to do something against my parents' will, though."

"Well, think about it like this." I said. "If they say yes, good for you. If they say no, well, it's only for now, right? You can still dream, because it's not hopeless entirely."

Ron was silent for a second, his mouth agape, before he said, "Huh... I guess that's true. I'm going to tell my parents when I get home, then."

He muttered this as we walked past the poster at last.

He was talking more to himself than he was to me. I knew that, so all I said was, "That's nice.""It is." Ron answered. Indeed it was."Well, I told my parents about being an actor. They said yes!" Ron looked like he wanted to jump for joy, recomposed himself. He watched me, excitedly.

I guess he had always been dreaming of being an actor, and getting parent approval is always something that would make me hyper with excitement.

I remember I was like that when I first started publishing my stories.

I opted for, "Really? That's amazing."

"Yeah." He nodded. "By the way, that wasn't all that I wanted to say."

Ron lifted his hands from my bed and fidgeted with his other hand in his lap. His face turned a scarlet red with the temptation and procrastination, then finally muttered, "Well, you see, I..."