Robin

As the seconds passed, minutes passed, and hours passed, my world started to get hotter. The pain that was a dull ache all over my body was getting worse as the days passed, but now, as the seconds went by, the pain increased at a horrible level.

I glanced over and saw Ron crying by my bedside. Anyone would, if their friend was just about to die.

Pierre was firmly holding Ron's hands, and they formed a circle together. It was like the two of them were a duo, but... I doubted either of them were thinking about each other.

Pierre was normally calm where others were irrational, but I could see the firm set in his mouth, and the look on his face absolutely broke my heart.

I remember the first time I felt a lump in my throat was when my favourite character died in a show, and that feeling was as if there was something pushing up against my throat, wanting to come out.

It would stay like that, even if I cried, and I'd think about it for a long time afterwards, my heart sinking at the thought of whatever had happened.

If it were bad enough, it would make me feel like that all day and night long. I'd never felt it for too long, though, but I suppose now, Ron and Pierre might. I could only hope they didn't.

I hoped they wouldn't make their lives worse than it already was because of me.

I hoped they wouldn't ruin every happy and cheerful moment they could have enjoyed.

I hoped they wouldn't ruin their close moments together, alone with each other.

Or maybe I was just giving myself too much credit.

I could only hope so.

It was then that everything started to fade away, starting with my vision. My parents were sitting next to Ron and Pierre now, my mother's hand running through my hair.

I trained my vision on her until it went blurry, and then disappeared entirely. Then, my father's voice disappeared from my ears' vicinity. Then, I couldn't even feel my mother's callous filled hand, soothingly caressing my hair.

I was long gone by then.

As soon as Robin's head fell to the side and hit the pillow, Ron let out a quiet whimper. Ms. Jones' hand paused in her son's messy hair, and then she moved away, and only sat still.

Robin's father froze on the spot, and tears slid down his age-old face, grief filling his heart.Pierre clenched Ron's hand harder than ever before, and pulled him close, offering his warmth and comfort.

The four of them in that room together, cried in silent grief for their loved one. He was a son and a friend, and he was almost always loved by everyone he met.