Ron

As we walked away from the school, I said nothing, but as Pierre pulled out of the driveway, I realised it was probably important that I did.

"Pierre?" I whispered, unconsciously phrasing it as a question.

He didn't look at me. His eyes had to be on the road, but he did mutter, "What is it?"

"Are you okay?"

"Sure."

That was all he said. I knew it was meant to comfort me, but it confirmed my thoughts that he was a bit overwhelmed.

"I can drive." I offered, keeping my voice at a low level the whole time.

"I'm fine." Pierre said, using the same tone as me.

"Seriously. I can drive. I have a car." I insisted, but Pierre didn't budge.

"I am serious. I'm not a kid, I don't need you holding my hand and taking over when it gets hard for me."

"Maybe you do, right now at least." I whispered. "You're going through some hard times, and it helps to have someone by your side. I know from experience."

I remember when Robin was first hit, the first few days were hard, but soon I started hanging out with Pierre. He didn't distract me - he comforted me.

All of my worries were whisked away, gone, but not forever. It would always come back. It would always be there like a dull head ache.

Pierre radiated comfort, and that helped, a lot. I haven't admitted to Robin how scared I was to see him get hit - even though it was inevitable, but I knew he knew.

Everyone - even him - knew that. It was just a fact, hidden behind a fog. A fog which everyone could visibly see through.

Pierre didn't answer me, and as we drove to the hospital, my anxiousness grew with the darkness. We exited the car and started walking side by side. Without looking at him, I intertwined our hands.

He looked at me momentarily, and I looked right back at him, and then he squeezed back. For a moment - one second - everything stopped.

The leaves stopped, the grass stopped, the people stopped, time stopped, everything stopped. Pierre watched me, and I watched him, both of us waiting to see what the other would do.

I guess he got tired of waiting, because he embraced me in a hug, and I squeezed back. Our hands separated, but our chests pressed against each other, and our arms pressed against the other's back.

Soon enough, our lips were pressed against each other as well.

Sometimes, all someone needs is an embrace to calm down.

"Everything will be okay." I whispered soothingly. "Always, even when I'm gone, too. You'll live - and not in despair. Promise me."

Pierre looked at me suspiciously as we let go of each other, as if I was going to vanish on the spot. Then, he seemed to consider what I'd said. Even if I did vanish on the spot, even if one of us succumbed to the same fate as Robin and Roland...

The other would be fine. In the end, we would be fine. Not fully, but fine enough.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NOTES

     Hey there, the author's here. I'm not sure what to make for one scene in the next chapter, so tell me if you would like some more Pierre x Ron(Pion). It'll help a lot, so please do. Thank you so much.