Pierre

It was raining. In the darkness we stood there, minds and souls almost empty for a moment. The only thing filling it was the memory of Robin.

Frowning.
Smiling.
In pain.

Robin was someone loved.
Someone cared for.
We cared for him.

Now he was gone.

After the funeral was over, Ron didn't budge, and I didn't either. The rain mixed with my tears, and I only knew I was crying because it flooded down to my mouth and tasted like salt.

Did rain taste like salt? I only knew that tears did.

We stared at nowhere, at nothing, side by side together on that rainy day. Or perhaps we were staring past everything. Past the coffin where Robin lay. Past the grave where they'd placed him. Past all the people, all the rain.

My hair pressed to my forehead, wet and messy from the rain. I didn't say anything, and neither did Ron. We just tried to keep our balance, on the edge of sanity.

What more was there to happen?

A lot.

Even though Robin was gone, our lives would still go on, they would still continue.

So, I sighed once, the kind that takes every stress-filled thing, and throws it out of you. It never works - not fully. Not truly. I still went on.

I turned around. "Ron. Let's go. It's over, and Robin's mother and father wanted us to empty the room for them."

Ron nodded, wiping furiously at his eyes. "Yeah. Yeah, let's go."

I honestly thought Robin's parents should empty out his room instead of us, because they were his family. We all were still grieving, them most of all. They said they couldn't face it, and begged us, so we did it.

I didn't want to be plunged back into that depression and grief that I had once before, not when I'd just escaped it, and not ever again. I knew no one did, and I knew Robin's parents didn't want to, no matter how much it was true that they were.

I felt bad for them, but what was there to be done for them? They just had to wait it out and hope they're lucky.

At the hospital, Ron and I walked into the room filled with barely anything. Ron walked over to the bed, a mix of rain water and tears still dripping down his soft skin.

"I wish you were still here. I wish you hadn't gone." It was soft, but I heard it.I walked over to where he stood, and wrapped my arms around him in an embrace. He sank into the embrace."You'll be fine." I whispered the words soothingly, hoping he would calm down and think. I knew I was probably acting similarly, but it hurt my heart to see him so sad.Even though I knew it would also hurt Robin and Ron.When I let go I whispered, "Smile."Ron stared at me, no doubt dumbfounded, so I smiled for him, hoping he would follow.We went to the carpet, and I remembered the nights where we sat playing truth or dare until sunrise.Now, I sat on the bedside, right where I used to sit, and Ron sat beside me. "Let's play Truth Or Dare one last time before we get to work?"Ron was staring at his lap, but at my suggestion he looked up at me. Then, he smiled. "Just because Robin is gone... doesn't mean it has to be the last time."

He was absolutely right.