Pierre

Last night we spent the whole time playing. As promised, we'd had a lot of fun. Robin and I get along much more than either of us were expecting.

He's a lot more extroverted than I am. He's playful, and teases Ron a lot. It's a good thing our personalities don't crash into each other.

Everyone knows extroverted and introverted people don't mix, after all.

The next morning I woke up with Robin and Ron asleep. Robin was in his usual bed obviously, and Ron was slumped over the floor, in deep sleep as well.

I yawned, stretched, and took my time getting off of the floor. That was when horrid realisation dawned upon me: my mother and father were going to kill me.

I had told them I was going to visit Robin, and that was true, but he had slept for a long time, and then Ron took forever to get the papers he needed, and once we finally got to play Truth Or Dare, it was late. It was no wonder we went all the way to midnight before we fell asleep.

They probably think I went out with "my friends" again, which annoyed me. I was long past that, but they couldn't get it. They were constantly checking me for cuts, and they still freak out when they see the old gashes. As if those look fresh at all.

It annoys me. Perhaps I should have kept it a secret after all. I know my parents are only loving me, but I still hate it when they exaggerate everything that had happened.

As I got into my car, my phone buzzed in my pocket, and I put it to my ear. "Hello, father."

My father was definitely not impressed. "Where were you? How long have you been out? You know what we said about-"

"I know, I know. I wasn't with them, dad. I promise. I'll even show you my cuts when I get home." I quickly responded.

"Answer my other questions first." I could hear the impatient tap of his shoes. He was pacing. Guilt shot into my heart, and I sighed.

"Alright, I'm sorry mother, father. I should have gotten a better staying out plan. I only expected to be there for an hour or so, but things didn't go according to plan.

"I really was at Robin's room. We were going to play Truth Or Dare, but it got pushed back, and we slept for most of the time. When we finally got to play, it was late, but we couldn't stop once we'd started.

"I stayed in the same place the whole night. I know I used to drink a lot, but that's 'used to' for a reason. It's past tense, and it'll stay like that. Louisa's been helping a lot."

My father was silent for a while, before he said, "Alright. You don't need to show me your cuts. I believe you weren't doing any of that anymore, but you're still grounded for staying out at night without telling us."

I nodded out of habit and said, "Sure, alright."