Robin

7:45

I rang the bell, and there was silence on my end. On the nurses' end, however, there was probably the ringing of a phone. After a second passed, I heard a female voice ask,

"Hello, how may I help you, sir Jones?"

I looked at the speaker in my room, which was projecting her voice around it. "Er, can you come here?"

"Alright." She said.

There was a click, and then silence as she, or someone else made their way to my room. It felt kind of awkward to ask someone to come along and flip pages of a book for me, especially over a speakerphone-ish thing.

The door opened, and a nurse walked inside. "Hello, sir Jones?"

I motioned to Pierre's book. "Can you please help me flip the pages?"

She looked at the book, seemingly annoyed. "Of course, sir."

I knew there was something suspicious about the way my father talked to grandfather, the way they glared at each other, their hushed voices sharp.

I knew there was something wrong, I just didn't expect it to be this.

I was in the kitchen when I heard a crashing sound, and then there was a tremendous silence. It was loud in it's own, silent way.

When I ran over to the living room, grandfather was lying there is a pool of blood, his half-eyes staring up at me before he croaked out, "Natasha, dear. Don't be foolish, don't be like me." and then died, right then and there, in front of my eyes.

He was gone, and with an abruptness I knew it. I gasped and jumped back. All throughout the day, father was nowhere to be found.

My mother took me aside after my grandfather's funeral and guided me to a sitting position on one of the benches.

"Baby, I love you. That's why I never told you any of this messy stuff." She started off, ominously. "I'm sorry. I see now that I should have long ago. The truth is..."

She left off here, staring blankly into the distance, looking lost before she finally continued,

"The truth is... it's your father has always been a vampire... A murderer."

My eyes widened. "A vampire?" I hissed. I'd always hated vampires. Anyone sane would. "Then what does that make me?"

To my dismay, my mother only shook her head. She said nothing more, nothing at all. I decided to take that as "I have no idea." but I knew it was also "I'm sorry."

I sighed and got up as my mother continued, not even talking to me anymore, but to herself.

"I let him get with everything he was doing, time and time again, because I was in love with him, because he'd seduced me!" She exclaimed, watching her palms intently. "This, though... This is something else. Yes... Father must be avenged."

She looked up at me, and I shrank away inst. "Don't you agree, Natasha? Your grandfather must be avenged!"

I turned around, and ran.