Chapter 6

I dropped the dagger onto the pillow and pulled the little baby black panther there was a red ribbon around his neck with a note attached to it. I wrapped my index and middle finger around it looking at the cursive font that had read.

Dear Rose (Natalie),
I know your not to fond of your stepbrother Leo going to the same school as you, so I pulled some strings with Fury and Ms. Kean about letting you have a pet there with you. They wouldn't allow your dire panther Ruthless because he was too big to maintain and fit in your room, but Ruthless and Missy had cubs and this is one of them. I'd thought you'd like him more then the others since this one is Ruthless's favorite. Don't tell Leo he isn't getting one I told him he might, but knowing how he is and his irresponsible self he won't be able to take care of one especially a dire panther. He can't even take care of a damn fish. A FISH! All you have to do is sprinkle food in the bowl and clean the bowl out, yet he can't even do that. So don't tell him, this dire panther hasn't been named the others have. Hope you and Ruthless Jr behave yourself.
From, Lawerence
P.S remember two more years and you'll be able to work with sheild.

I giggled after reading the note I looked at the little panther in his golden eyes that reflected my brown eyes, he opened his mouth smiling showing his little underdeveloped fangs he sure was Ruthless's cub alright he shared the same features and same fang pattern as him. I set the little guy down and pulled open the drawer of my nightstand and pulled out a black and white diamond encrusted journal. I sat down on the edge of my bed and sat the little guy on my navy blue pillow, I looked at him as he sat down looking at the notebook curiously I rubbed his head gently he didn't seem to understand what I was doing because the second I lifted up my hand he got on his hind legs and wrapped his tiny black paws around my wrist and teethed on my index finger. Even if I tried raising my hand higher he'd just hold on tighter his actions made me giggle.