Chapter 4

5/20/132AC

Dragon stone

Daemon's point of view

I had just received a letter from Dhaenys letting me know what was going on back at her home

I had just received a letter from Dhaenys letting me know what was going on back at her home. Her claim was being questioned by her grate uncle and as I could tell he was taking this all the way up to the grate councel. Unfortunately now that my brother had been sick everyone had started to turn against me and I knew that if we didn't go resolve this Dhaenys would be left without anything to call hers.

"What is it?"  Rhaenyra asked as I handed her the small letter from Dhaenys and as soon as she saw it she was concerned. "He means to take your daughters place and not only that wants to question my son's legitimacy? And by extension my own claim to the throne."

"Vaemond cares only for Driftmark. Not about our politics. He will not want a woman to take his place, dons't want my blood to take his place." It was obvious what was happening and with no dough this would turn ugly in the eyes of everyone.

"Rhaenys has flown to court with  Dhaenys joined her as no doubt. It is two woman against the whole counsel. She was asked for you to back her claim. You would be taking away my son's legacy?" Rhaenyra was starting again with her defensive side but I wasn't having it. Her son's had a whole kingdom, the least I could give my princess was her homeland.

"It is her's by blood Rhaenyra, at least let her have that.... We must go to clear this all up. For your son's and my Daughter," I knew that she was worried over her boys and I couldn't blame her. I was ready to give up anything for my princess and I was hopping she understood I would take Dhaenys side before her own children always. She came first, before everyone.

5/25/132AC

Driftmark

Dhaenys's point of view

I splashed my feet around the waters near my room

I splashed my feet around the waters near my room. It was nice to have this time before leaving in a couple of minutes. I cried over the sea as I morned over the idea that my dear Grand Grand could be dead. I still felt deep down that he was sill alive but everybody questioned it. So much had been lost in my life and I had to say I had to be less surprised by now about losing a loved one. However I still missed them... all that had left me.