Chapter 18

5/26/132 AC

Storm's End

Dhaenys's point of view

I am sorry... I will join you soon... little brother... I kept on falling and then hit something hard as I started to drift into darkness. "Aemond..." I couldn't help it. I was losing consciousness and then there it was. The darkness was ready to take me. Please... Take me to them. Please...

5/26/132 AC

5/26/132 AC

Dragon Stone

Corlys's point of view

"Everything better be ready

"Everything better be ready. I want to leave as soon as my granddaughter gets back." I was down at the bay getting my ship ready to leave for Driftmark to get all the ships out of the ports as soon as I could, but I knew that there was commotion going on over the castle. I looked up and could tell that the other dragons were riled up. "Get everything on board. I expect everything to be in order as soon as I get back down." I told my right hand and then went up the steps of the castle. Those bloody steps, one day I would fall down and break my head in half over such sharp stone steps.

I got towards the council room and then everyone looked to be in a panic. Rhaenyra was talking to a small group of councilmen and I thought for a second that the greens were to attack at any moment. Yet I came to know that wasn't the case. "Lord Corlys, I am glad you have come to join us. There seems to be a problem... Tsunsami, Dhaeny's dragon, left the castle grounds around an hour ago. We are worried that he went out to look for his owner."

"It seems reasonable for the beast to go find her. He has always been close to my girl, what seems to be the problem is he is well trained?" I asked not to understand the problem on hand when we all heard the screeching of dragons. We all started moving outside some with swords in hand and others with browns and arrows.