Chapter 12

5/22/132AC

Kingslanding

Dhaenys's point of view

We continued walking down the busy streets of the capital and I had to say it was depressing seeing all of these people begging for money or hurting from lack of funds

We continued walking down the busy streets of the capital and I had to say it was depressing seeing all of these people begging for money or hurting from lack of funds. I knew that the world around us was suffering. I just had never seen it first hand and it was something that made me realize my privileges in life. It pained me to know that these people would be the ones to suffer more once the war came.  "My Prince," Cole called over Aemond as he pointed down to where he had found more of the kingsguard and a lady talking.

I knew they had found something surely they had found something before us seeing as they had the whole city watch at their side. As I looked closer realized it was the king's hand who had come to find our new king. "Down here," Aemond came forward making us duck down trying to hear the conversation going on between his grandfather and this mysterious lady. I tried to see if maybe a trade off would be happening with them bringing over Aegon themselves but what I found instead was a small child.

Yes, in the corner of my eye I saw a pale child not older than 3 I believed staring towards us

Yes, in the corner of my eye I saw a pale child not older than 3 I believed staring towards us. He just looked at me with a strong gaze and his eyes focused on me trying to convince me help him. He looked so familiar, almost like he could be related to my family as he had white straight hair. "Princess?" Cole commented as I lost sight of the child as he was being dragged away by a man. "They are children that are forced to fight in the streets, he will be dead before you know it, there is nothing we can do."

I tried to see if I could recall where the child had been dragged to but I knew that he was more thank likely taken away to work for the rest of the day as most children around here did. I felt bad almost wanting to run and find him, defend him from the world but I knew that it wasn't the time for that. "They are moving, lets go," Amond came to me and grabbed me from the arm as we started following the twin guards, heading over to the large building ahead of us.

We were practically running behind the men. Trying to be as quiet as could and before you knew it we had come inside to find large pillars around a circle table covered in candles. We came to a halt and hid behind one of the entrances waiting to see where Aegon would appear from. "No No No!!!" screams echo around the stone structure and I peaked my head out to find the guards pull Aegon out of the round table stumbling on his own words and being dragged out to face the two men. "Where is the white worm? I want my mother."