Chapter 22

6/12/132 AC

Dragon Stone

Dhaenys's point of view

"Mommy, will you please do my hair? I want to look good for tonight's ball. It will be a special one." I was sitting down before the mirror back in my childhood room. Mother and I had been together for days just spending time before my wedding. I was so happy to have found her once more. She was even more beautiful than what I remembered. So stunning with her dark and polished skin and long curly hair.

"Of course my little pearl

"Of course my little pearl. I think we should let it down over your shoulders. You suck beautiful curly hair, why put it up. You will be the most beautiful bride. Your father and I are more than proud. My brave girl." Mother started to pin up the top half of my platinum curls and then the rest of my hair was let loose with jewels hanging from the sides as they laid over the silk top of my dress.

"I missed you so much. I am so glad you are here, I don't want to let you go again," I took her hand and kissed it as I felt ever so warm and loved. That is what I have always wanted. To have my mother at my side, and here she was helping me on the happiest day of my life.

"But you must let me go for a little while, you are to go off and live a happy life with the man you love. We all must follow our destiny at some point. But I will always be waiting for you. You have done so much for yourself already, I know you will continue making us all proud. Now you are all ready. We must not keep them waiting, come along." She helped me get up and as soon as I turned she was gone.

The room had changed and now it was in the coronation room at the Red Keep

The room had changed and now it was in the coronation room at the Red Keep. It was bright and full of flowers, but there was no one there. Just the iron throne ever so menacing and dark. I looked at it and it was almost as if it was drawing me in, screaming for me to come close, and for some reason I was coming close to it. I didn't want to walk forth but my feet wouldn't listen. It was as if I wasn't controlling my body. I kept on walking until the throne became ash, ashes blowing away with the wind.