Chapter 20

5/28/132 AC

Kings Landing

Aemond's point of view

It had been days. Days that I spend in this cold mountain. Listening to the wind whistling through the curved and sharp walls. I knew that others were looking for me. For the man that had killed the Prince and Princess. For the one that had wanted to start the war. The one that wanted the throne. What they didn't know was that they were acutely in the search for a lost man. A man that was overfilled with pain and sorrow. A man that wanted to die to be with his love. A man that was no man. Just a scared boy. One that made the biggest mistake of his life.

I sat there. Looking at the fire that was once keeping Dhia and I warm. When we were together, warm in each other's embrace. When she was in my arms... alive. I looked down at my hands that were bleeding from cuts created by my blade. I had destroyed it as I kept on swinging it over the stones with anger. I couldn't believe what I had done. That I was willing to fight her, that I had killed her. I couldn't  even see Vhagar. That horrible beast that had only brought misery into my life. I had lost an eye for her, and now I had given up everything to her fury. I was stupid to believe I could control such a powerful beast.

I keep on thinking back to that moment

I keep on thinking back to that moment. How everything was so slow. How she got lost in the clouds. I didn't know how I could keep on going with my life... but I knew that I had to leave this place. There was no turning back. I wanted to die, to be with her. But I knew that even if I was to see her again, she would never grant me her forgiveness.

No... I had to live with this pain. I had to punish myself, make every breath I took mystery. I would live an unhappy life, that would be my punishment. I would live every day, and every day I would suffer, suffering knowing that she was no longer there waiting for me. Loving me...