Chapter 13

5/23/132AC

Kingslanding

Aemond's point of view

I sat down in front of the fireplace in my room

I sat down in front of the fireplace in my room. I kept on looking at it and thought about what was upon us. This was going to be it. The moment of truth. The war that I had been waiting for all my life. I was destined for this. For the throne... the throne that would be given to my brother. Well... for now at least. I didn't even have to plan his death as I knew that he could bring that upon himself. It was only a matter of time before he would do something stupid, something that would lead him to his death. However the thing was that I didn't want any of it. If she wasn't with me.

I keep on thinking about how she has helped me today. How she willingly was at my side in order for me to feel better. She made sure that I knew she was there with me. For the first time someone cared enough to stay at my side. Even now I could still feel her lips on mine and my fingers keep on circling my own wanting to kiss her again. "Dhia..." all I could say as the fire sparked at my feet.

What was to come now? The kingdom would suffer. I knew it very well. The fantasy mother had in mind was ludicrous. To keep my sister away in Dragon stone was just that, a fantasy. Rhaenyra would come with Daemon; it was only a matter of time. I knew that there would be a war for the crown and I intended to win it. The only thing I feared was... what would happen with the one I loved? Dhia was going to be stuck between our families. All I could do was hope that she loved me enough to stay at my side.

My door opened and then one of the guards came in as I could hear his loud armor hitting itself. "My Prince. Princess Dhaenys," the guard spoke and I got up from my chair as fast as I could ready to have the guard leave us alone. I came to her and found that she was now in more regal clothing. Wearing a light blue dress that hugged her waist just right.

"I am glad you decided to come," that is all I could say as she held her hand behind here with a look of uneasiness

"I am glad you decided to come," that is all I could say as she held her hand behind here with a look of uneasiness. After today I knew that things had changed. I had proposed to her, a proposal she had yet to accept. However, most importantly the kingdom was falling around us, and we didn't have a place to escape to. I tried to forget the problems that were around us as I just tried to study her expression. She had a smirk on her face, but this time not her usual playful one, but instead one that demonstrated concern. "Might you like some wine?"