Chapter 6

5/21/132AC

Kingslanding

Rhaenys's point of view

"I wondered for many... many hours why you decided to come. Come here with your granddaughter Dhaenys for what purpose indeed?" Raynera spoke as she came to me in the god's woods. "Whether you came here to further humiliate your grandson or to try and find a compromise against Ser Vaemond. But then it came to me... you want to solidify her claim to your house. Wasn't it enough to striped the tittle way from my husband so many year ago, Princess Rhaenys."

I had to say I had been expecting her much earlier than this. I knew she wanted to spit her fire at me, but I had been playing this game much longer than she had. I knew what she had done to my son so many years ago and I was not to trust her for even just a moment. "Did you have to walk away from your husband to spake to me this way?" I knew that she was in capable of saying such words while Daemon was around since she was putting her sons before her stepdaughter.

"This is no fair of a proceeding. You know that everyone will be backing her claim. Daemon wants nothing more but to give her all that he is, and the rummers that you have helped support will not help my son's at all. Do you truly wish that for them? To proclaim my son illegitimate?"

"Yet you decided to do much worse to our family long ago. To Laenor the so called father of your children. Did you not?" that is all I could say to this woman. So much she had taken and she comes to me crying wolf. Even she believed her own lies at this point.

"I loved your son. I love Dhaenys as if she was my own. I asked for Daemon to have her live with us multiple times and you were the one that refuse for anyone to get close. You may not believe it but it's true. I did not order for his death, and I have not come here to harm Dhaenys. She has had a tragic life as it is, I know the pain of losing a mother," I couldn't stand her any longer. They way she was such a narcissist.

"And here you are. Supporting your own sons, striping her of her birth right... You so claim that you hate Alicent because she took away your family. Look again at what you have done yourself... You made her father chose you over her, and you know it," I said what I said and I meant it all, every single word and for once I saw embracement in her eyes. She knew that my words were the cold realty she couldn't come to trims with.

I was about to walk away when she stoped me one last time. "I will make you an offer. Back Luce's claim, and let us betroth Dhaenys to my oldest. She will become queen, she will has as much land as she wishes, that I can promise you..." Raynera said her last words and I wanted to laugh. Her kids were lucky if they got far enough to claim the throw. It wouldn't be long before everyone knew her dirty secret and then she would lose everything.

"A desperate offer," I came closer to her wanting to understand the reality of her situation. "You can bargain with me as much as you wish. Have Dhaenys come with you to better you chances. However tomorrow, the Hightower's will throw their first arrows at your army. And let me tell you... they will force you to your knees as I must stand at her side." Those were my last words as I left her there to think of what she had done.