𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏

➶

FORKS, WASHINGTON a place with only 3,120 people. The evergreen trees and the constant cover of clouds and rain made the change bearable.
It's been at least half a year since she's been back in this town and she doesn't know whether to be pleased or not that there wasn't any change.

"I appreciate you coming back down here Ivanna, I wouldn't of asked you too if it wasn't important." Charlie nervously grips the steering wheel of his police cruiser, feeling awful for having to call and ask for help.

"It's okay Charlie, really. Bella needs someone to
help get her through this and I'm going to try my best." She reassures him which makes him relax a little bit and send a small smile of appreciation her way.

Ever since Bella's boyfriend left her she's been in a terrible depression. It's been months since she's left the house or done anything with her friends, but not for much longer according to Ivanna. She knew the Cullens, was even great friends with them like Bella was but when they left she decided to leave too. She grew close with one of the vampires like the Swan girl did, but fortunately for her sake, it didn't develop into something strong like her and Edwards relationship.

The cruiser pulls up into the driveway next to the faded orange truck that belonged to her cousin.
"She should be upstairs." Her uncle mumbles but loud enough for Ivanna to hear as he grabs the bags from the backseat.

Charlie refused to let her carry anything in so she headed towards Bella's room first. A knock on the door softly before being pushed open slowly to see the back of Bella's head as she sits in a chair facing her window.

"So, you going to just sit there or are you going to get up and give me a hug?" Ivanna teases her and she quickly turns around in disbelief that her cousin was back. Bella didn't blame her for leaving, she treated her badly when her depression hit, not even thinking for a second how Ivanna felt about being left too.

"Oh my god, Ivy." A slight smile comes to her face as she stands up and pulls her cousin into a tight hug, hiding her face into her dark black hair.

"Oh, Bella what are you doing to yourself?" Ivanna's eyes burned as she tried to blink away the tears from seeing Bella in such a distressed state.

"It hurts." Is all she mumbles as she squeezed tighter, afraid that the only person who knew what she was going through, might disappear too.

"I know, but you got to pull yourself out of this, okay? I'm going to be here to help you." She pulls away and nods her head before walking back over to sit down in her chair.

The dark haired girl shook her head and grabbed Bellas hand to yank her back up, pushing her slightly towards the bathroom to go take a shower, "First thing you're doing is taking a shower because you smell awful."