𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕

☀︎

☀︎

Ivanna curled up into Sam's side, laying her head on his bare chest as he rubbed his hand up and down her back, resting his chin onto the top of her head. She needed this, she needed to be close with Sam after everything she has been through, after everything she put him through.

"Hey, Sam," her voice was hoarse.

"Yeah?" He was almost asleep, keeping his eyes closed as he waited for her to continue.

"On my birthday, you can't let me turn into one of them, okay?"

Sam sighed as he brought a hand to his forehead, "Ivanna, I'm already working on figuring out how to stop this and I already planned on doing anything and everything to make sure no leech gets to you." His voice was stern, wanting to make it clear to her that no harm was going to happen to her, as long as he was around.

"I know, Sam, I know," she reassured him as she placed a kiss to his chest and then rested her chin against him to look up at her boyfriend, "I understand you want to help, but even Carlisle said there's nothing he can do, nothing anybody can do matter of fact."

"Ivanna, I don't want to talk about this right now," Sam started to climb out of the bed, making Ivanna fall down in his spot where he once was. He pulled on his boxers and jeans before making his way towards the kitchen.

She scoffed to herself as she moved the sheets off her body, pulling on her underwear and then grabbed his t-shirt that he threw down at the end of the bed, slipping it over her head before following after him, "Look, Sam, I don't want to talk about this either, but you're not understanding what I'm trying to say."

He took a long drink of water before setting it back down onto the counter, "I know, I'm sorry Ives. Come here." He held his arms out for her to walk into, wrapping his arms around her as he held her close, "I just think the longer I push off talking about it, the more I think it won't happen. I don't want you to change Ivanna, I know I sound like a dick saying this, but I want you to stay the way you are now, not some evil woman that won't look at me the same way you do now."

"That's why I'm asking you to help me stop it. To make sure that I don't turn into someone that would ever have a chance of hurting you."

"You know how to stop it?"

"If I don't turn into a vampire, then I don't turn into their puppet."

"But you said that guy Alec told you there was no choice, that you will turn."

Ivanna moved out of his arms, taking his hands in hers instead as she willed herself not to cry, "He did because he believed that I would take that option than rather die, to leave you behind, my friends, family, he knew I would never do that."

Sam glowered, not liking where she was going with the conversation, "What are you trying to say, Ivanna?"

She failed, a tear slipped down her cheek as it hurt her to even say what she needed to, "I can't do it Sam, I can't take the risk of hurting you or my family, even the Cullens. Even thinking about hurting you or the pack makes me want to disappear for eternity."