𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟗

➶

"Hey, uh, it's me again...I just...I'm sorry about the movie theaters. I just wanted to hear your voice, so no pressure. Please call me, Jacob."

Ivanna had to hear the same phone call for the past week of Bella calling the guy that would never pick up the phone. It was starting to become annoying, not because of Bella but because Jacob was avoiding the both of them like he had the plague. Plus, Sam was also ignoring her too, she sent a few messages to see if everything was okay and if he would get back to her, but she got the same response as Bella, which just so happened to be no response.

Bella put the phone back on the hook and stood at the entryway of the kitchen as she looked over at Harry, her dad and Ivanna. Ivanna was eating some grapes in a bowl with her feet propped up on another chair as she watched the two men get their fishing gear together.

"Okay, we should be back around three." Charlie smiled and stood up with his stuff, getting ready to head out the door but stopped once he noticed his daughters troubled expression. "Look, I don't have to go fishing today." He sighed, not in disappointment but in anxiousness as he felt the worry creep up in him once again, scared that his daughter would go back to the way she was before.

"Yes, you do." Ivanna and Harry said at the same time, making the older man look down at the girl with a smile. He held out his hand for her to put some grapes in and she did, giving him a warm smile back before popping another one into her mouth.

"Yeah, you do dad. Go." Bella smiled and nodded her head towards the door, wanting her dad to stop worrying about her and go do something for himself.

"Just be careful." He told both of the girls, walking out of the door first while Harry followed but stopping.

"The bears won't get the drop on me, Bella. My kung foo is strong." Harry tantalized and laughed at his own joke as he made his way out the door.

"I'll believe it when I see it!" Ivanna called after him, teasing him since it was something they would always do with each other when she used to live in Forks and always visited down at the rez with Jacob.

The door shut behind him and Bella walked over towards Ivanna, taking a seat anxiously as her knee bounced up and down, "Will you go with me to see Jacob?"

"I thought you'd never ask cousin." Ivanna smiled as she quickly went to place her bowl of grapes back in the fridge and ran to get her jacket and shoes on.

⁺₊ ☾⋆⁺₊

The two pulled up to Jacob's house while it was pouring down rain, which Ivanna ended up regretting quickly since she was only wearing a thin jacket over her shirt.

"You sure this is a good idea, Bells?"

As soon as she asked that Jacob came walking out of the house with no shirt on and cargo shorts. She had to do a double take at his appearance, his hair was cropped short, he grew muscles and had a tattoo on his upper bicep like the rest of the guys.