𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟏

➶

"I want you to know that whatever you feel after I tell you, I'll understand. If you need space, I'll give that to you, as much as you need, but I want you to know that I care for you, more than you'll ever know." Sam told her, nervous and wanting to put off the truth but he knew he would have to come to face it one day or another and it was better to get it out of the way now, so he wouldn't have to overthink about it anymore.

"Sam, you're starting to make me worry." Ivanna was starting to freak out in the inside at his words, he's never spoken like this before and after the way he came back home she knew it had to be something serious.

"Do you remember how you wanted to hear all the stories at the meetings with Jacob when you were little?" Ivanna nodded her head, liking how he remembered that about her when she was talking to Billy that day about it at the bonfire. "I'm going to tell you one, but the story is real."

"Sam, why would I need space from you after you tell me a story?" She laughed lightly but more so in confusion than finding it funny.

He put his other hand over hers as he turned his body to fully face her, "Just listen, please."

"Okay." She whispered in understanding.

"The Quileute's have been a small tribe from the beginning, but we have always had a certain special thing in our blood. It started when one day, a warrior came across a creature that looked like a man but was hard as stone. This creature killed some of our people which triggered the gene that caused the warrior to shapeshift, into a wolf," Sam went silent as he was preparing in his head to put his words together in a way that wouldn't scare her, "That gene has been passed down through centuries."

Ivanna processed his words, she was finally getting to hear a story that she's been waiting for since she was a kid with Jacob, but the way Sam was telling her was as if there was another meaning behind it, as if he was telling her something in code, "That gene. It hasn't stopped being passed down, has it?"

"It hasn't." He confirmed for her, hoping she realized what he was saying, and she did. She knew exactly what he was saying, but it still was a shock to her, but not that big of a shock since she knew vampires existed. If something like vampires existed, what stopped other things from being real?

"So, you're a wolf?" She wasn't scared, she wasn't even mad that he didn't tell her in the beginning, but instead she was calm.

"We call ourselves shapeshifters, but yes practically." He was surprised that she wasn't mad or freaking out and calling him crazy.

She stood up off of the couch, walking to stand in front of the fireplace with her hands on her hips as she thought about it all. Sam was a shapeshifter; he was one of the wolves that was in the field earlier that day that saved her and Bella from Laurent. That's why he came over to the house and how he knew what happened to her. She then thought back to when she found Embry in the woods and how Sam and Paul happened to show up perfectly at the right time. Embry got sick and he disappeared for a while which then he came back completely different, his hair was chopped off, he got a tattoo like all the others, and he became more built as if he was on steroids. The exact same happened with Jacob only he would be able to be set off instantly which resulted in him lashing out at her and everyone. It all made sense now.