𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟗

➶

"So, what the hell did that bloodsucker want to talk to you about?" Paul asks as they got back to Sam's, opening the door for Ivanna.

"He wanted to apologize of course, no surprise there," she mumbled as she started to make dinner for them, just waiting on Sam to get back.

"Yo, Ivanna, respectfully, you reek of death." Jared plugs his nose as he sits down in the chair with Paul nodding his head in agreement.

"I literally do not," she defended herself as she smelled her shirt which consisted of the same coffee aroma she always smelt like.

"Heightened sense of smell, remember?" Sam spoke as he came walking through the door, a tired expression on his face. Ivanna smiled when she seen him, running towards him and wrapping her arms around him in a hug.

"Finally, you made it back," she mumbled against his lips, softly placing a kiss against his as she savored the feeling before setting back down onto her feet, "How's teaching Seth and Leah?"

"A headache," he smiles as he places a kiss to her temple before he lets her go to get something to eat.

"Hey, I wouldn't say Leah's that bad," Seth came striding in with a huge smile.

"I don't think he was talking about Leah," Jared mumbles as he stands up from the kitchen table, getting ready to head out for his shift.

Ivanna shakes her head with a small laugh, moving back over towards Sam who was leaned up against the counter eating one of the sandwiches she made, "So, do you want to talk about it?"

He didn't look at her, his gaze stuck on the guys in front of them, "Talk about what?"

"About the whole Jasper deal, I don't want you to think I would betray you or-"

"-I don't think that. Paul told me what you said to him."

"Right, linked mind thing," she smiled as she realized, "well good, I'm glad that's it's been cleared up."

It was quiet between them for a moment, neither knowing what to really say before Sam spoke up, "Let's go on a date, tomorrow afternoon."

She looked up at him with a small smile, "What do you have planned?"

"Something nice, you'll love it," he pulled her in close to him, leaning down to place a kiss against her lips, but was interrupted by someone calling out for the girl.