𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟐

☀︎

☀︎

When Sam and Ivanna arrived back at the house, neither of them said anything, they didn't even know where to start. The two of them walked quietly in the house, Ivanna standing near the table while Sam was on the other side of the counter.

"Ivanna, it's about time you're back!" Jared came in with his head held high as he sauntered his way towards the table, pulling one of the chairs out so he could sit down, "I was starting to think you and Sam broke up or like you-"

"-Jared, go patrol the line." Sam's voice was commanding, hint of anger and annoyance in his voice.

"What? I just got back, plus I haven't seen Ivann-"

"-Now!" Sam barked an order, making Jared and her jump in shock at his unexpected tone.

The younger boy stood up from his chair and pushed it back in, stopping before Ivanna on his way out the door. "It's good to see you around here again," he pulled her into a hug, "Try and understand where he's coming from," he mumbled into her ear just where it was loud enough for her to hear before pulling away and walking out of the door.

Before the screen door shut fully, Sam and Ivanna could hear the rest of the guys outside, "Nah, man, I wouldn't go in there. Sam's about to explode on her." It went quiet for just a few seconds as the guys processed his words, "Anyways, what'd you have for lunch?"

The screen door completely shut and Ivanna tried not to laugh as she heard Jared's last words, but once she looked over at Sam to see if he felt the same, her laughter immediately ceased. She stepped towards him and went to place a hand on his arm, but he pulled it away from her.

"Don't Ivanna," he started as he held a hand up, blocking himself from her, "I was so worried about you, I called and texted you every single day. Every day." Sam was starting to get angry, his body slightly starting to shake as he thought about how he seen her get out of the car with Jasper.

"I know Sam, and I'm sorry, okay?" She felt terrible for not coming to him, but she knew he wouldn't understand and would push it to the side because Sam thought he could protect her from everything.

"I even stopped by multiple times to check on you and you sent me away, like I was a nobody!" Sam started to pace back and forth, trying to control his anger that was now taking over any other emotion he had.

"I didn't mean it like that," Ivanna stopped him from pacing as she stood in front of him with her hands placed on his arms, "I swear Sam, I just, I had things to figure out and I didn't want to put any stress on you, okay? I swear, you mean everything to me." Her eyes searched his to see if he was understanding, but he wasn't.