𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏𝟑

➶

"Victoria? She's back?" Ivanna looked over at Sam, alarmed at the news.

"Yeah, I guess that's her. We chased her all the way to the Canadian border the other night, but she keeps coming back. We don't know what she's after."

"Bella," she looked at all of them which made them sit up straighter as they were more interested in what she has to say, "The Cullens killed her mate and now she wants revenge." Ivanna didn't want Bella to be targeted but she didn't want to be on the list either. If Victoria knew that Jasper also helped in the aid of the killing, there's no telling if she was coming after her too.

"Well, I guess it's our problem now," Jared sighed and threw his napkin down onto the table in annoyance. He wasn't annoyed because he had to protect the town and people, it was because Bella was always bringing trouble along with her.

Ivanna's phone started to ring in her back pocket, interrupting the intense silence, "Sorry," she mumbled to them as she excused herself and went outside to take the call.

"Hey, Kid, I was just calling to see where you were?" It was Charlie.

"I'm over at Sam's house, why what's up? Is everything okay?" She kicked a rock that was on the porch back into the dirt as she stood there awkwardly.

"Yup, yup. Everything's fine. You didn't come home last night and I was starting to worry," Ivanna smiled as she heard the word 'home', "Welp, you be careful out there and make sure Sam gets you back at a reasonable hour this time, alright?"

"Sure thing, Charlie," she smiled even though he wouldn't be able to see, "And I'm sorry for not letting you know, it won't happen again."

"I know it won't. Love you, Kid." He hung up the phone and Ivanna placed hers back into her pocket.

She seen Jacob coming up to the house with anger evident all over his face, "Did Bella piss you off again?" She teased him, but he ignored it. Instead, Jacob stormed up to her just as she was about to go back inside and grabbed her by the arm, turning her harshly to face him and pushing her up against the side of the house harshly.

"Jacob, what the hell are you doing?" She was confused at his actions and tried to step to the side of him so she wouldn't be trapped between him and the wall, but he blocked her once again.

"Why didn't you tell me?" He raised his voice at her, wanting to snap any second.

"Tell you what?" She yelled back at him, "And get off of me!" Ivanna tried to push him back with her arms, but it was no use, he was basically like a rock stood firmly in place as he held onto her arms.