𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟑𝟎

☀︎

☀︎

It was finally the next day, training day for the wolves to be exact. They didn't trust the Cullens enough to be in their human forms, so Ivanna drove by herself to the clearing, getting lost here and there, but she finally managed to find them.

She got out of her car, the door slamming shut caught the vampire's attention. Emmett's booming laugh echoed through the wide space now and then. "Thank God you're here." Bella came up to her and enveloped her in a hug. "Are you on board with this?"

"Hell no. I think it's the stupidest idea ever, but whatever keeps you safe Bells." Ivanna told her with a small smile.

"Hey, Ivanna," Emmett greeted her. "Hey, Bella, is Edward going to let you practice too?"

Edward groaned at his brother, "Please, Emmett, don't give her any ideas."

"When will our guests arrive?" Carlisle asked Edward.

The mind reader concentrated for a moment and then sighed, "A minute and a half. But I'm going to have to translate. They don't trust us enough to use their human forms."

"I could've told you that," Ivanna mumbled.

Carlisle nodded. "This is hard for them. I'm grateful they're coming at all."

"Awe Carlisle, that's why they said if things go down, they wouldn't go after you first," Ivanna was trying to joke but with the uneasy look on Carlisle and Edward's face made her drop her smile, "I was kidding, it was a joke. Sorry."

"They're coming as wolves?" Bella exclaimed with her eyes wide which he just nodded at. Bella didn't have great memories of them being in their wolf form, the first time in the meadow with Laurent and then when Paul had gotten angry at her. For Bella, they were both memories of terror.

"Prepare yourselves, they've been holding out on us."

"What do you mean?" Alice demanded.

"Shh," he cautioned, and stared past her into the darkness of the trees.

The Cullen's informal circle suddenly widened out into a loose line with Jasper and Emmett at the spear point. From the way Edward leaned forward next to Bella, Ivanna could tell that he wished he was standing beside his brothers.

Bella squinted toward the forest, seeing nothing, "Do you see them?" Bella whispered to Ivanna.

"Yeah, I do." Ivanna whispered back extra loudly, not understanding why they're acting so abnormal about this.