Far Off and Future

"Are you alright?" Vincent ask after Lucas sat down for a moment to catch his breath.

"I think so... at least I will be... My head's scrambled."

"Of course it is." Vincent patted Lucas' shoulder, feeling mortified by his reaction to Lucas needing a good sleep. "It's been a rough couple of days."

"Yeah... lots of hot air." He smiled weakly. "So Marty was with you?"

"mmh." Vincent sounded. "He picked me up from the side of the road and drove me to the game."

"Oh?" Lucas asked. "I'm sorry I put you in that situation. I'll have to call Marty and thank him." 

"It's not your fault."

"I should have known she'd try to pull something like that." Lucas shook his head. "To think if Marty hadn't caught you? It was snowing terribly... you could have gotten pneumonia." 

"I'm fine." Vinny crawled onto Lucas, and kissed him sweetly. "You're fine." He ruffled the boy's blonde hair. 

"I know... I just can't help to think-"

"Well don't. Everything's worked out." Vincent kissed Lucas again. We're together, our whole lives, this is what we've been working up to. This is everything." 

"I love you." 

"I love you too." Vincent laid his head on Lucas' shoulder. "Do you think Marty.... I mean you and Marty... do you think you'll go back to being friends?"

"I dunno."

"I think he's sorry... I mean I think he really regrets all the stuff he said. Maybe he was just going through a lot."

"You seem to think I ought to forgive everyone?" Lucas smirked. "My mother, Marty..."

"You don't have to, and you should wait until you're ready before you invite anyone back into your life. But.. I think everyone deserves an extra chance."

"I'm glad you're so forgiving. Lord knows I'll make more than my fair share of mistakes, and need forgiveness."

"Oh no." Vincent smiled cheekily. "I wouldn't forgive you." 

"You wouldn't?" Lucas raised an eyebrow. "What if I kissed you?"

"Even then."

"What if I was very sorry?"

"Nope."

"Really?" Lucas asked, eyes twinkling with amusement. "I think you're lying." Lucas closed the gap between them quickly and kissed Vincent deeply. 

"Maybe I am... who's to say?"

....

"Do you have everything you need?" Vincent asked a few days later, emerging from the bedroom with a suitcase.  "It's cold in New Hampshire. Bring your heavy coat."

"I've got everything." Lucas grinned. "Don't worry about it. Did you remember everything?" He asked, looking at Vincent's sweater clad shoulders. 

'My heavy coat!" Vincent exclaimed, rushing back into the bedroom and coming out with a thick navy blue puffer jacket zipped up to his chin. 

"You look cute." Lucas kissed Vincent coloring his cheeks with rosiness that befit his winter outfit. 

"Let's go."

"Why are you in such a rush?" Lucas asked. "We've got nine hours in the car ahead of us."

"Eight and a half." Vincent argued. "And I want to get on the road soon. I'm anxious to see mom."