Soccer Games and Solid Luck

Hailz❤️: picking u up to hang in 10

     Vinny was sitting in his room when he got a text from Hailey on his phone. He was doing a school project, or at least his portion, but he was already ahead of schedule, so hanging out with Hailey was not out of the question.

Vinny: Sure. I'll meet you outside my dorm.

Vincent was waiting by the curb for less than a minute when Hailey's beat up old car pulled up in front. Hailey's parents were hardworking, and she had her own car because of them, but she often complained of it's age, and she was right; it was a very old car.

"So how was tutoring?" She asked once they'd sat down in her room.

"Well..." Vinny paused and couldn't help but smile. "It was good. I think it went well. I'm meant to go to his game this Saturday."

       "You had a good time!" Hailey smiled victoriously.

       "I don't know? Maybe I did? I'm very confused about the whole thing."

       "I thought Lucas was the worst! I thought you hated him! I thought he annoyed you!" Hailey exclaimed with a jubilant smile on her face.

       "He was! I mean he is. I just... he asked me to come, and I'm doing it for old times sake. Besides... he was maybe.. just a little bit better yesterday. I just... he was nice to me at the end and you talked about being receptive, so I decided I would let myself have a good time, but after the game I never have to see him again."

         "For once you admit you were wrong!"

        "I wasn't wrong." Vinny frowned. "He was annoying. You were just also right in that he could be nice, too."

        "So you're friends again? What?"

       "No. He wants to 'start over' but we're not... we're not exactly anything, but if he'll leave me alone, then maybe." Vinny smiled slightly.

       "Oh my Go- And Saturday? He asked you out? You've got a date?" Hailey exclaimed.

       "He didn't ask me out. I'm sure he asks loads of people, probably mostly girls, to the games. It's just a friends thing."

        "If you say so." Hailey shrugged. "And things went very well with Ryan, thank you VERY much for asking."

        "How'd things go with Ryan?"

        "They went amazing," Hailey rolled her eyes. "We talked for hours."

      "He's on the soccer team too, right? Do you want to go with me?"

       "I can't."

        "Why?" Vinny raised an eyebrow.

        "Ryan asked me to do his homework again... don't look at me like that, this is different. He has this party to go to after, and he is just sure he won't have time, and he looked so upset so I offered."

       "Oh yes. Very different." Vincent groaned.

       "Come on Vincent, don't rain on my parade. He's just busy! I'll stop it if he takes advantage of me."