Chapter Eight

I sucked in a deep breath of air and my heart nearly stopped. I couldn't find my voice so I was glad when Niall spoke instead "What happened!?"

"They didn't say much, just he was in a serious accident and that we should come vry quickly" A ragged and broken voice said. It was Harry, of course he was taking it seriously that boy was his best-friend.

"Let's go now then!" I shouted, finding my voice and grabbing Niall's large hand and draggin him to the door, grabbing Harry and Liam as well.

"Niall should drive" Harry said brokenly, my hand found his and I squeezed, thinking that by touch I could let him know that Louis would(at least I hoped) be okay.

Niall was quick to agree and got the Harry's car, he hopped in the driver's side and Liam got into the passenger's seat.

I slowly got into the backseat, crying silently, as Harry crawled in and collapsed. I picked up his head and laid it on my lap, playing with his curls, which seemed to calm him a little.

I dozed off for a few minutes, thinking of my short time with Louis and how much I would miss him if he didn't make it. I may have known him for less than a day but I felt like our threads of fate were slowly turning into one.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

We soon arrived at the hospital and with help from Niall and Liam pretty much had to drag HArry out of the car. I would have the same fate if only the rest of them knew.

We ran inside, Liam quickly went to the desk and came back to us quickly. "Room 327 on the third floor"

We all dashed to the stair's, feeling like the elevator would take far too long. Just as we got to the room, a doctor came out.

"Is he okay?" I asked, my voice trembling and lip wobbling.

The doctor winced. "Well..."

"Spit it out God dammit!" Harry shouted, finally regaining his senses.

"He's injured badly and may or may not make it. It depends on his reaction to the medication" The doctor said, his tag reading - Dr. Stevens.

"Well Dr. Stevens You better make sure this boy makes it. He belongs to a world famous band, is loved by many and is this boy's best friend. So help me he dies I will kill you" I siad furiously poking his chest. Soon Niall's hand were around my wasit and Liam swooped me off my feet and they carried me away into Louis room. When I was finally set down I ran to him.

He was in terrible condition, his left eye purple and swollen shut. His right arm propped up in a cast as was his left foot. He was covered in bruises and cut's and seeing him made me realize how lucky we were he was alive.

"Oh Boobear!" Harry shouted running to him and collapsing to his knees by the hospital bed.

I sat on the edge with Niall close, holding my hand. "Louis?" I asked quietly, then a nurse came in. She was probably mid thirty's with light brown hair and blue eyes.

"I'm Veronica and will be here to help Mr. Tomlinson" She stated cheerily, seemingly attempting to lift our moods.

"How did this happen?" Liam asked, facing her with dread in his eye's.

"Well, Mr. Tomlinson was seen speeding by authorities and they began to follow him. When he wouldn't slow down he lost control of his vehicle and rammed into a telephone pole. The pole fell and crashed to the car, trapping him within. We found him barely consious and right now he's in a small coma" Veronica stated sadly, patting Harry's shoulder. 

"Louis, why?" I mumbled crying all over again, while Niall hugged me trying to rid me of the pain and loss I felt.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A few hour's later I woke up sprawled on the floor next to Harry and Niall. I smiled when I saw them both asleep, finally resting after the hectic drama that had unfolded. I sat up but didn't see Liam until a note caught my eye. Sprawled across a napkin it said - 

Going to get Zayn and tell him the news, be back later 

-Li 

Great, Zayn would be here later. I sighed and leaned on the end of the bed.

"Amber?" A shaky voice from behind me said. At first I thought it was Louis, my mind was muddled and I couldn't tell who's voice belonged to whom, and was sad to find it was just Harry.

"Yeah Haz?" I said swingign around to go to him.

"H-Has he woken up?" Harry said his eye's filling with tear's again.

"No... I'm sorry" I said with tear's filling my own eyes. I grabbed Harry and hugged him, we both needed it. I ran my hands through his curls, it comforting both him and myself. 

"What's gunna happen Amber?" Harry's broken voice said sadly.

"I really don't know Harry, I'm sorry"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Around 6pm the doctor's and nurse staff finally kicked us out, saying we had stayed far too long and had deprived Louis of the attention he needed. They siad that they would call if there was any change, good or bad.

We all nodded sadly and filed out. Zayn and Liam had came back taking seperate cars. I tried to ignore him but after a while, I decided I needed my borther's comfort and  put everything behind me. We had to get along at a time like this.

Liam and Zayn went together, honestly, these too really like each other. I thought with a ghost of a smile. Niall drove Harry and I since we both were unable to in our state.

We got back to the flat's and all went in our own direction's. Except for Harry and I. We held hands and walked to his flat in grieving silence. When we got inside I started to go to Louis room but was too sad to go back their, the memories and reminders of him too much.

"Can you stay with me please?" Harry asked sullenly. I of course said yes, in his state he wouldn't try anything and how could I leave poor, broken Harry by himself.

We got into his room and I laid on his bed, him soon joining me and hugging me tight. I didn't even attempt to move when I felt his tear's soak my shoulder. How could my stupid mistake hurt so many? I was ready to scold myself inwardly when Harry's phone bleeped. IT did that several more times. 

"Harry you should get that, it might be the hospital" I sid nudging him to reach for his phone on the nigthstand.

He reluctantly grabbed it and answered. "Hello?"

He got up and went to the bathroom in his bedroom, leaving me wondering. Let Louis be okay I thougt over and over again. He finally re-appeared. 

"It's Louis, we should get to the hospital now"

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry for the cliff hanger again! I just love those!xxx But I think I might add a bit of Ziam into this story so heads up Love xxx