Chapter Nineteen

~*~*Amber's POV *~*~

That horrible person did it again, she stabbed me in the thigh. Obviously I couldn't do anything but scream. "Lauren please stop, you're killing me" I begged with big eyes and tears welling from them.

"Maybe that's my goal" She snickered as she twirled a piece of blond hair with blue tips between her fingers.

I gripped my leg and watched as the blood oozed up from between my fingers, nothing could stop the bleeding, the cut was far too deep.

"Lauren!" A mans voice shouted, not any man, Louis.

"Lauren!" A more feminine voice followed and Rachel appeared but was pushed out of the way Louis who ran towards me, but was stopped when Lauren hit him in the gut with a crowbar.

"Lauren what the bloody hell!" He shouted, standing up uneasily as he gripped his stomach.

"Nobody goes near her or I put a bullet in her head" Lauren threatened as she pulled me up by my hair and held the gun cylinder to my head. I opened my mouth in quiet pain since putting pressure on my leg hurt like hell.

Rachel looked at my with so much sympathy I couldn't even look at her big brown eyes.

"Rachel, don't look at me like that, I'll be fine" I begged.

"Shut the fuck up!" Lauren yelled and she hit me in the back of the head with the gun's barrel.

The last thing I remember before hitting the ground were Louis and Rachel's terrified screams.

~*~* Louis POV *~*~

"Lauren why are you doing this to her?" I asked in complete fury, my fists balled so tightly my knuckles were turning white.

"Because she's the one thing standing in the way of me getting to you. If she just simply disappeared, per say, this wouldn't have to continue"

"She's not disappearing if I can have a say about it!" I screamed, ready to smack Lauren hard across the face, my rule of never hitting a girl forgotten. Just as I was about to make contact with her face she shot me in the shoulder.

I fell down, dripping my shoulder in agony as she bent over me.

"I'm so sorry, I don't know what got over me, I was just protecting myself" She cooed, what's that I smell? Bullshit.

What this horrific girl failed to notice was how Rachel already had Amber in her arms and was sneaking out of the alley through a back door. Unfortunately Lauren caught my gaze.

"Drop the girl!" Lauren shouted raising the gun up again and quickly shooting twice, missing both times may I add.

Rachel kept running, easily carrying Amber's scrawny body along. I quickly kicked Lauren in the back of her knees knocking her down and the gun slid out of her hand and hit the wall across the room. I sprang after it and I quickly loaded it and shot.

After I opened my eyes slowly I saw Lauren laying there, a hole in her chest as she bled through. No matter what this girl did, the prospect of killing her bothered me so much, but I couldn't think like that, I needed Amber.

I ran the way Rachel went and saw her crying silently over Amber's body, from far away she looked dead. But as I got closer I saw her chest rising and falling slowly.

"S-Sh-She's lost a lot of blood" Rachel stuttered between her hiccups from crying.

"Call the others, get them here as fast as you can" I ordered, but there was no need as two cars pulled up. Harry got out first and fell to his knees in front of Amber.

Of course, he loved Spencer but Louis always knew he felt something for Amber whether he admitted to it or not. Spencer slowly sat next to her friend's barely moving body and she hugged Rachel as they cried in each other's shoulders. Niall came next followed by Liam and finally, her brother Zayn.

He knelt down by her head and whispered gently to her. "I wish I was a better brother to you, we fought so much and I-I- I'm just so sorry Amber" He wept, her eyelids fluttered open.

"Z-Zayn?"

"Oh Amber, please don't go!" He shouted.

Amber reached out a skinny pale arm and gripped his hand tightly, "I never met her but tell my real mother I love her"

Zayn nodded "I promise" He kissed her forehead and slowly walked to the car, off to grieve alone. Liam kissed her forehead and quickly went to join Zayn, he wasn't that close with Amber but was equally troubled by her terrible condition.

Niall picked up her weak body and hugged her as tightly as he could without hurting her. "Amber, you were my best friend and you always will be. I won't forget you, I know you'll be watching me from heaven, God will take good care of you, he won't let anything happen to you" HE whimpered as she used as much strength as she could to hug him back.

"I won't forget you Niall, you were always there for me" She mumbled as Niall laid her gently back onto the ground.

Spencer and Rachel took their final moments with her together, whispering kind things before they both walked off to the cars in a sad silence.

Harry picked her up and placed her on his lap, his hand supporting her neck. "Amber, I've got to be honest. I've loved you since you walked into that door, I never stopped, I've got Spencer but losing you will truly devastate me. Promise me something?"

"What is it Harry?" She asked gently as he ran his free hand through her dark hair.

"Promise me, I might have a chance when we meet again"

"I promise, although I don't know how much I'll like the wrinkles and gray hair" Amber joked softly. And was cut off as Harry slowly leaned in.

"If you tell me to stop I will" He whispered looking at her. I can't watch this I thought miserably. Amber didn't make him stop and the kissed softly for a moment.

"Harry, I've always liked you too" Amber started, ouch that was right in the heart. "But I don't like you that way, I love Louis, but you mean just as much as any of the other boys do to me"

Harry smirked, "I knew you felt something for me" He kissed her softly once more before handing her to me. "Take care of her Louis" He whispered as he walked away.

"Louis, I'm sorry about that-" Amber started but I cut her off, kissing her passionately. "Why did you do that?"

"I love you and..this might be our last night together" I finally said with a sad sigh.

"Louis, I-I can see the light, it's so pretty.  I have to go follow it" Amber said her eyes glowing as she looked fondly up at me. "I'll love you for a thousand years Louis, promise you won't forget me"

Her voice was getting weaker by the second and I could feel her laboring for air. "I promise" I said before kissing her one last time.

She took one more shaky breath and was gone in my arms. The love of my life had just died. Right here, right now.

"No!" I screamed into the night, although no one would ever be able to ease the pain away.

Author's Note :

Guise! Don't kill me! I'm sorry but remember there is one more chapter left!

I'm renaming the second book although I haven't got the name yet, it's different than what I have previously told you.

Thanks for the 2,000 reads!! I love all my fans so much and I'm glad for those of you who have been here from the start of this novel.

30 reads and 3 votes, that's fair especially since it's the last chapter 0.0

I wonder does anyone even read these notes? If you do please comment below!

Thanks!

~ Jennie