(S2) Chapter 2 - Seeing Stars

"In the great expanse of the nether, there exists boundless amounts of magnificent phenomena! The great brilliance of an exploding star, the nimble dance of space dust through a nebula.."

Deep in the galaxy, it showed a nebula and a moon exploding.

"But once every 1,000 years, our corner of reality is treated to an incredible sight! From the deep Eldritch recesses of the cosmos, the tears of a forgotten Colossus begin to form tears made of the hopes and dreams of every living thing that never came to be condensed and sent shooting across the night sky in a dazzling final display!"

A rock is seen falling with a meteor rite shooting right past it, some other rocks exploding.

"What appears to mortal beings is a meteor shower, we can see for what it is..As a thought's tears!" Stolas finishes his story, tickling little Octavia with his magic, earning a giggle from her.

"Daddy, can we go see it some day?" Octavia asks eagerly, grinning.

"Yes, Dear. I promise! When the day comes, nothing will be able to keep me from being there with you. Good night, my Owlette." Stolas compromises, scooping her up and tucking her into bed then turns off the light and leaves her room.

(BE MY FATHER PLS I'M CRYING)

"Good night!" She calls back before he leaves.

She smiles and giggles like little Stolas did when it was his birthday, squishing into her blanket.

||Present Day||

Octavia smiled genuinely and hopped out of bed, drawing an X on her calendar and circling one that had meteor showers on it.

She ran out of her room, after she put her clothes on, and struggled to put her shoes on. When she finally did, she ran to where her father was.

"Hey, Dad!" She greets, peaking into the kitchen, only to see no one there, confusing her, "Dad...?"

She walked around the castle, fearing he forgot or just ditched her.

"Dad!" She continues to call for him, walking down the stairs.

"Yes! I know!" Stolas exclaims from outside, grabbing Octavia's attention, "It will be there shortly!"

He was literally holding a servant tightly that was carrying the telephone for him to talk on, wearing his robes with some other Imps holding Stella's packages into a moving truck.

"Of course they're being careful!" He snaps through the phone, seeming annoyed.

"Dad, what's going on?" Octavia asks, stepping through the door.

"Apparently, your mother can't exist somewhere two minutes without the entirety of her possession before she-" Stolas answers bitterly but was then cut off by Stella accusing him of turning Octavia against her.

"What?! No! I'm not turning her against you!" Stolas defends, Stella then said something that probably got him amused, "Yes, Stella!"

"SO THAT I NEVER HAVE TO SEE YOUR FUCKING FACE AGAIN!" Stella screams through the telephone, her voice raspy as usual.

"Dad? This is going to be done before tonight, right?" Octavia asks worriedly, not wanting to miss the meteor shower her father promised.