𝐁𝐞𝐟𝐨𝐫𝐞 𝐂𝐎𝐓𝐀

SEB: Which Junior Drivers are driving in F1 Practice in COTA, cause I have to confirm if we need extra rooms and what not?
CARLOS: Robert Shwartzman, our Academy Driver is doing both our FP1 sessions but COTA is his first one.
DAN: Alex Palou is going to be taking over my car just for COTA .
VALTERRI: Theo Pourchaire, who is part of the Sauber Academy will take over my car in COTA.
ALEX: Logan Sargeant, one of our Junior/ Reserve Drivers is driving in COTA.
TONI: Also not that I am a Junior Driver, but I am going to be driving in FP1, but I am staying in the reserve drivers room!
SEB: Okay thanks, does anyone know if they stay at like the F2 and F3 house or like what not, just in case we need to take them to the airport?

CHARLES: Artie is in that house and he showed me the floor he was on so that might be able to help. I'll send a screenshot here.
CHARLES: Okay he said that this was the first floor, where he is situated, but all of the F2 and F3 drivers stay here on like 3 floors.
CHARLES: He also said that it is likely that Alex stays in the IndyCar House, which as IndyCar runs in America and Canada it is situated there, so I am assuming he should be fine making his way there.
CHARLES:He said that the ones he highlighted the drivers that are all on his floor and are the ones doing FP1, but if you need any more drivers he can ask in the group chat they have.
SEB: Tell your brother thank you Charles that helps a lot.
KIMI: They have other reserves in there? Huh, never knew.
NYCK: Yeah well there are 22 F2 drivers, and 30 F3 drivers, so 52 drivers, and then like reserves depending on where they want to go, and then a couple of spare bedrooms. So the house like expands over two houses that connect, and you can generally choose what room you want, similar to us, but majority of people get along when I was there, so its probably the same.
CHARLES: Yeah, Artie was telling me that its nice and chill, and they have like I think 1 - 3 spare bedrooms on each floor, just in case.
NYCK: Yeah, but to answer Kimi's question, at the start of every season if you are like in two roles or what or like they realise you may prefer to be in a different house cause you may not know people or have friends from like before and what not, FIA always asks you. I think on the sheet that's why it indicates can choose which house they prefer to stay in.
NYCK: So like for me if I wanted I could have stayed at the Formula E house, which is another one, the same with Gio and they have spare rooms there in case but because we felt more aligned to our roles at Formula 1, we chose to go there.
NYCK: Similar goes with the F2 and F3 house because there are some people like me who are just reserve drivers, but recently finished with F2 so they have friends in that house, or there F2 drivers but also Formula E drivers, or have other roles like IndyCar, and what not, so they can also choose. It think it just depends on you as a person and were you prefer to stay and who with if you have more than one type of role or are a reserve.
NYCK: That's why we also have 4 spare bedrooms in our house, just in case one of the reserve drivers preferred to stay at the F1 house.
NYCK: So yeah a nice thing that FIA takes into consideration.
KIMI: That's nice, and I quite enjoy having you guys around to keep me company when the rest of the grid goes, and I love being able to look after all of you guys.
SEB: Naw Kimi is a softie at heart.
PIETRO: We were watching FP1 and FP2 together on the screen, and he made me breakfast, and snacks early in the morning and made sure I was comfortable.
NICO: Whenever its just me and the reserves with Kimi at home and the race is on, if something happens we will start yelling at the screen.
PIETRO: Oh its a sight, they have the TV going with the race, and then with their phones the live Instagram and Twitter updates, and F1 app updates on the laptop.
KIMI: We love to be prepared and enjoy watching you guys, because sometimes like Sky Sports and F1TV only tell you like really late what's happening, or sometimes they don't like showcase what is happening with like overtakes and what not. Like last week when it started raining, Nico and I were already like delay, surely the FIA won't make them go out in these conditions, and surely it should be like Wet Tires if they do start, and then Pietro was the first one to text being like 'I think delayed start, and then Nyck was like yeah I recon as well, the same with Gio', but then we heard they were starting Nico and I were shocked, and then the whole incident with Carlos, Alex and Pierre. Then we got bored, but your fun basically half-time shows kept us slightly awake.
DAN: My friends in AUS said that like the Japanese race was like the only time it hasn't been like in the late in the night or in the morning like 10PM - 2AM, apart from we are actually in AUS, and that Europeans should shush because they get the luxury most race weekends, and I started laughing. But then the race actually like ended at 10:00PM due to the delays, but they were happy cause they could catch up on some sleep. But also there like for America its going to be weird cause we are like a day ahead so it will be like Saturday FP1 and 2, and then Sunday FP3 and Qualifying and then Monday the actual race.
KIMI: Oh we didn't mind waking up it was fine, but I understand having to wake up early, but its what you would do if you are dedicated to F1 like us.