1.1: I NEED YOUR HELP

Saul and Odette meet next chapter!!!

SEPTEMBER 19 - 12 AM

Odette stands on a raised platform sparring against Jorah. It was dark; both of them wear lights on their wrists and ankles. It was important to be able to fight what you can barely see.

Suddenly, a floodlight shines on them and Atticus is approaching the platform.

"My apologies, Majesty, but Prince Sky is on the line. Says it's extremely urgent." He holds the phone out to Odette as she sits on the edge. "He sounded upset and drunk."

"Probably." She presses the hold button and raises the phone to her ear. "Hey, Sky. What's up?"

"Dette, it's Dad. He said not to call but-" He cuts himself with a sob.

"Sky, breathe for me. What's going on with him?"

He sniffles, crying."A Burned One showed up a couple days into term. They had it locked up but it got loose and he- he got cut. He- he said to wait. Said that Marco and Noura would handle it. But, it's been a week and the Zanbaq is barely doing anything anymore and they killed the wrong one. And I- I need your help. Please."

"Sky, don't do anything rash. Ser Jorah and I will be there in ten minutes with one of the doctors. Meets us in the courtyard."

"Ten minutes."

Sky is standing by the fountain in the courtyard, wearing his armor, when a ring appears, small at first, but growing rapidly.

Jorah steps through, followed by the doctor, then Odette, wearing leather with a sword on either leg and two knives strapped to her chest. She quickly fires off some orders in a language that the teen can't understand.

 She quickly fires off some orders in a language that the teen can't understand

"Okay, Sky. The two of us are going. Ser Jorah and Doctor Edwards are going to find him and bring him to the greenhouse. Hopefully, they can extend his life a few hours to give us time to find the Burned One."

"He was at the pond on one of the platforms, feeling sorry for himself."

"Start there."

The men jog off to find him leaving Odette and Sky.

"I assume you have some magical slash high-tech way to track it?"

"In most cases that would be the way to go. But this is different." She digs her shoes into the gravel. "I'm going to slip into his mind and find the memory of the attack. That will allow me to connect myself to the creature, which should lead us right to it."

"He doesn't like people messing with his head."

She looks over at him, eyes glowing purple. "Oh well, I'm already done. Follow me."

She walks off and Sky looks back before following her in the direction of the Barrier.

Jorah stands in the greenhouse with his arms crossed as Dr. Edwards and Professor Harvey discuss Saul's treatment.